Apply to Become a Postdoctoral Fellow with the Toronto Metropolitan University Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 in Canada.
Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) is offering a postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity to Black Scholars as part of its commitment to equity, in recognition of the barriers to equal opportunities for education and employment.
With the high rate of underrepresentation of Black in a postdoctoral position, tenured faculty positions, as well as in University leadership, Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) is implementing this postdoctoral Fellowship program with the goals of building a more diverse and inclusive academe and supporting the advancement of Black scholarship.
Meanwhile, the primary aim of this program is to expand and advance Black scholarship and intellectual traditions and provide support for the academic endeavours of the Black community.
Summary of Toronto Metropolitan University Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 in Canada
- Type: Postgraduate
- Country: Canada
- Host Institution: Toronto Metropolitan University
- Available Fellowship: 4
- Commencement Date: September 5, 2023
- Amount/Worth: $70, 000/year plus other benefits
- Duration of program: 24 Months
- Available Field: Open
- Decision Date: July 2023
- Eligible Gender: Male and Female
- Application Deadline: April 1st,2023.
Benefits of Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023
Successful Candidates will receive Funding of up to $70, 000 annually for up to two years. This fund is offered to four Black Scholars to provide postdoctoral support.
About Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU)
Formerly referred to as the Ryerson Institute of Technology from 1948–1966, Ryerson Polytechnical Institute from 1966–1993, Ryerson Polytechnic University from 1993–2001 and Ryerson University from 2001-2022, Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU), is a public research university in Canada.
The Institution was originally Established on the 16th of September 1948 (74 years ago), with the university’s core campus located within the Garden District, although it also operates facilities elsewhere in Toronto.
TMU operates seven academic faculties which include the Faculty of; Arts, Community Services, Engineering and Architectural Science, Science, The Creative School, the Lincoln Alexander School of Law, and the Ted Rogers School of Management.
How to Apply for Toronto Metropolitan University Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 in Canada
- All Interested and qualified Black Scholars should visit Toronto Metropolitan University at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrSnL3zGr1yK9PZloVM3bLbs301QoV1wMBJ8MMRkeXSdztNQ/viewform to apply
- You can also visit the TMU website found below for more details: http://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellows/funding-opportunities/postdoctoral-fellowships-for-black-scholars/
Eligibility Criteria for Toronto Metropolitan University Postdoctoral Fellowships Qualification
To be eligible for the TMU Postdoctoral Fellowships;
- Scholars must be identified as Black (of African descent; for instance, Africans and African heritage people from the Caribbean, Americas, and Europe).
- Scholars must have completed a PhD or PhD equivalent within the last three years prior to the application deadline, or PhD expected by the planned start date of the fellowship.
- Candidates must be available to hold the fellowship by September 5, 2023, for two years.
- Applicants must have gained eligibility to work in Canada by the commencement of the Postdoctoral position.
- All International applicants must obtain a work permit and Canadian SIN in order to take up the postdoctoral position.
- Ideal Candidates are expected to be associated with a current or proposed supervisor who holds a tenured or tenure-track faculty position at TMU and include a letter of support from the proposed supervisor.
- The TMU Postdoctoral Fellowships funds cannot be held concurrently with another major fellowship.
- Candidates are not allowed to hold a faculty position or be on leave from such a position.
- Proof of degree completion must be submitted by applicants before the fellowship commences.
Documents Required for Application
Successful applicants are required to submit, through the YSGS Scholarship and Fellowship Application Portal the following documents:
- A cover letter
- A recent CV
- Research and creative (SRC) activity proposal
- Letter of support issued by the proposed supervisor
April 1, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT:
- Hult University Global Generation Scholarship Program For Undergraduates – APPLY NOW!
- BOI Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 For Nigerian Youth – APPLY NOW!
- Scottish Government Scholarships 2023 For International Students From Developing Countries – How to Apply!
- MAEC-AECID Scholarship 2023 for Citizens of America, Africa, Latin and Asia – How to…