Bank of Industry (BOI) is inviting Nigerian youth to apply for the 2023 edition of the BOI Youth Entrepreneurship Programme. The programme is aimed at addressing youth unemployment in Nigeria which is currently over 50%.
The Bank of Industry (BOI) Entrepreneurship Programme is targeted towards for-profit entrepreneurs whose businesses are solving problems or transforming society positively. These Entrepreneurs may include National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members, University/Polytechnic graduates, and prospective BOI customers (minimum qualification: SSCE).
In a survey conducted in 2013 by the Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER), most of the capacity-building programmes aimed at addressing youth unemployment, have focused more on training without providing small business loans, which is a critical factor to the successful establishment of small businesses.
Additionally, these programmes merely tackle the entire training value chain regarding Entrepreneurship, Business Management and Technical Skills.
Details About BOI Youth Entrepreneurship Programme
- Type of program: Entrepreneurship
- Host Organization: Bank of Industry Limited (BOI)
- Country: Nigeria
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Application status: Open
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
About Bank of Industry Limited (BOI)
The Bank of Industry Limited (BOI) is Nigeria’s oldest, biggest and most successful development financial institution. BOI was formed in 2001 by the Nigerian Industrial Development Bank (NIDB) Limited, which was incorporated in 1964.
The Bank of industries commenced business activities in 1964 with an authorized share capital of 2 million (GBP).
How to Apply for the BOI Youth Entrepreneurship Programme 2023
All Interested and qualified Candidates should visit the Bank of Industry Limited (BOI) link below to apply: https://bia.lbs.edu.ng/application-form/
- Complete the online form (upload all required certificates and two letters of recommendation)
- After which Candidates will be scheduled for the interview process
- Successful candidates will receive admission letters
Eligibility Criteria for BOI Youth Entrepreneurship Programme Qualification
Please note that the following criteria will be used to evaluate potential candidates:
- Candidates must be a minimum of at least 18 years of age. Those with entrepreneurial experience will have an advantage.
- The business could be a start-up or may have already been established for some years.
- The business should be solving a problem or meeting a need and should be scalable (Very Important)
- Ideal Candidates must be citizens or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Candidate must be available to commit to the training schedule
- Youth and women will receive special focus
- Submit two letters of recommendation
To receive a certificate upon completing the BOI Entrepreneurship Program, Candidates are required to:
- Participate in at least 80% of the sessions in each course and score at least 60% in each course.
- Must be seen to demonstrate good character as defined in the training policy to be signed upon acceptance.
CHECK THIS OUT: