The Scottish Government Scholarships offers a golden opportunity to international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s or Masters’s Degree Program in Scotland.
There are varieties of Scholarship Programs offered by the Scottish Government to international students from developing countries. This can be full or partial tuition fee waivers and living expense grants.
As an international student studying in Scotland, you have the opportunity to experience a unique and dynamic cultural environment, while also gaining a high-quality education. Scotland is notable for its world-class universities, with institutions such as the University of Edinburgh, the University of Glasgow, and the University of Aberdeen.
These universities have consistently ranked among the top universities in the United Kingdom and the world. In addition, Scotland offers a wide range of academic programs, from traditional disciplines such as history and literature to cutting-edge areas such as renewable energy and biotechnology.
Details of Scottish Government Scholarships 2023
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded, Partial Funding, Full tuition fee
- Host Institutions: the University of Edinburgh, University of Glasgow, University of Aberdeen
- Study level: Masters, Undergraduate
- Courses: All Subjects
- Eligible Gender: Male and Female
- Target: International Students
- Application Status: Open
Benefits of Studying in Scotland via the Scottish Government Scholarships
There are many benefits to studying in Scotland should you decide to today. The benefits and advantages of studying in Scotland include the following:
- High-quality education: You get to study at Scotland’s world-class universities such as the University of Edinburgh, the University of Glasgow, and the University of Aberdeen. These are top-ranked universities in the UK and the world.
- Diverse cultural experience: The diverse cultural experience in Scotland is distinct from other UK nations as Scotland has rich history and culture. You will get to experience unique Scotland traditions, such as whisky distilleries, bagpipes, and kilts.
- Beautiful landscapes: There are stunning landscapes in Scotland including the Scottish Highlands, Loch Ness, and the Isle of Skye.
- Friendly and welcoming people: The people of Scotland are known for their friendly and welcoming nature, no wonder it’s an ideal destination for most international students.
- Part-time job opportunities: There are lots of job opportunities in Scotland offered to students. These can be part-time jobs and internships, which can help to support the student’s studies and gain valuable work experience. The companies in Scotland that offer part-time jobs to students are listed below with the job Portals.
- -StudentJob UK: https://www.studentjob.co.uk/
- Indeed: https://www.indeed.co.uk/
- Reed: https://www.reed.co.uk/
- Gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com/
Other Benefits include:
- Provision of a diverse range of accommodation options for students, including university-provided accommodation, private housing, and hostels.
- A vibrant student community that provides a lot of opportunities for students to find part-time jobs and internships, which can help to support their studies and gain valuable work experience.
Eligibility Criteria for Scottish Government Scholarship
- This Scottish Government Scholarship is restricted to international students who wish to study in Scotland.
- Students must come from developing countries and can include full or partial tuition fee waivers and living expense grants.
Other Scholarships Offered by the Scottish Government
- Glasgow Government Scholarship. Visit the University of Glasgow’s website: https://www.gla.ac.uk/international/scholarships/
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships. https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/postgraduate/international/research
- Andrews International Postgraduate Scholarship. https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-funding/scholarships/
- The International Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Aberdeen. https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/international/fees-funding/scholarships/
- The International Postgraduate Scholarship at the University of Dundee. https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/pg/funding-fees/scholarships/
- The International Masters Scholarship, Heriot-Watt University. https://www.hw.ac.uk/study/fees-funding/scholarships/international-masters-scholarship.htm
Very Important: Note that the above-listed scholarships are examples and the availability, amount, and application process may change over time. Therefore, it’s important to check the respective Universities’ websites for recent scholarship information and further details.
CHECK THIS OUT: