Khalifa University in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has announced the application call for Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in UAE.
The prestigious Khalifa University, UAE invites applications for Post-Doctoral Fellow positions from eligible and interested candidates worldwide.
Summary of the Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in UAE, Khalifa University
- Position: Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in UAE
- Research/Job Area: Mechanical Engineering or Material Science and Engineering
- Country: UAE
- Location: The Center for Membranes & Advanced Water Technology (CMAT), Khalifa University
- Eligible Gender: Male and Female
- Applications Deadline: Open until filled.
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University of Science and Technology is a newly-established University in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The university combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution.
This integration of research and education seeks to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
Khalifa University seeks to be a top leading research-intensive university amongst others of the 21st century while at the same time enforcing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
How to Apply for the Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in UAE?
All Qualified and interested candidates can apply via the online page.
Eligibility/Qualification for Post-Doctoral Fellow Position in UAE, Khalifa University
- Candidates should have PhD in Mechanical Engineering, or Material Science and Engineering, with a specialization in computational and constitutive modelling.
- Candidates must have Experienced in the modelling and simulation of polymers with an emphasis on thermo-mechanical, computational and constitutive modelling.
- Having Strong background in polymer science, including mechanical and thermal experimental characterization of polymers, is preferred.
- Candidates should have advanced knowledge of finite element analysis software (Abaqus, PolyUMod)
- Candidates must Posses Programming skills such as Python, Matlab, and Fortran.
- Expected to have good experimental mechanics and polymer testing skills
- Applicants must be able to prepare high-quality scientific manuscripts evidenced by a scholarly record as a leading author.
- Primary Location: KUK: Khalifa University
- Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
- Schedule: Regular
- Shift: Standard
- Job Type: Full-time
- Carrying out testing and multi-physics modelling of the butt-fusion welding (BFW) process of HDPE pipes.
- Fellows will be involved in Material lab scale testing of HDPE pipe grade.
- Fellows will Develop, calibrate and validate an elastic-viscoplastic temperature-dependent constitutive thermo-mechanical material model, this will be based on extensive material testing, for implementation in a finite element framework.
- Fellows will also Develop a multi-physics computational modelling framework of the BFW processes of HDPE material.
- Fellows will engage in the Design and manufacturing of customized BFW test rig
- Conduct numerical simulations using a variety of modelling software tools (e.g. Abaqus, PolyUMod, Matlab, Hyperworks, and others).
- Participants will Prepare quality manuscripts for submission to leading peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Participants will Contribute administratively to the project as a whole as required by the PI. And Assist in supervising graduate student members of the project team.
CHECK THIS OUT:
- Australia Awards Fellowships 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW
- GSEP ESED Scholarship 2023 for Postgraduate Students (Up to $10,000) – Apply Now!
- University of Waikato Excellence Scholarships 2023 for International Students – APPLY NOW!