Applications are Open for Baldwin Fellowship Program 2023! The Program is designed to help students from countries where there are limited opportunities for advanced education in fields of research related to human origins.
Through this program, scholars will be able to study and be trained at an institution within and beyond their home country. The Baldwin Fellowship is a program of approved, advanced special training or studies leading towards an MA or PhD. The awards given are for two years of support with a maximum amount of $15,000 per year.
Leakey Foundation is inviting Applications from students of developing countries for the Baldwin Fellowship Research Grants/training in the field of human origins, including paleoanthropology and primate behaviour.
Details About Leakey Foundation Baldwin Fellowship Program
- Type: Postgraduate
- Host Organization: Leakey Foundation
- Country: San Francisco, California
- Gender: Men and Women
- Eligible Countries: Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia and the Republic of Congo.
- Application Deadline: for returning applicants March 1, 2023, Deadline for new applicants is February 15th
Benefits of Leakey Foundation Baldwin Fellowship Program 2023
Successful Candidates will receive a maximum award of up to $15,000 per year, and the awards are limited to two years.
About Leakey Foundation
The Leakey Foundation is a nonprofit organization established in 1968, it is dedicated to funding human origins research and sharing the results of this research through innovative educational programs.
Its establishment in 1968 was to support the work of Dr Louis S.B. Leakey, a pioneering scientist and an advocator of science outreach. The foundation has a mission to increase scientific knowledge, education, and public understanding of human origins, evolution, behaviour, and survival.
As part of its activities, Leakey Foundation funds primatology fieldwork and other research related to understanding human origins. Meanwhile, the foundation is based in San Francisco, California, and in fact, the only American funding organization wholly committed to human origins research and education.
With a commitment to promoting a multidisciplinary approach to exploring human origins, the foundation awards over $1,00,000 annually in grants for vital new research and long-term projects.
How to Apply for Leakey Foundation Baldwin Fellowship Program 2023
- To apply for this Fellowship, kindly visit the Leakey Foundation website found below: https://leakeyfoundation.org/grants/baldwins/
- Ensure that you meet the above-mentioned Criteria before proceeding to apply for the Baldwin Fellowship program
Eligibility Criteria for the Baldwin Fellowship Program 2023
- The Baldwin Fellowship is open to human origins scholars from developing nations seeking advanced degrees (M.A./M.S. or PhD.)
- Candidates must be enrolled in an M.A., M.S., PhD or related field to the study of human origins or evolution
- Applicants must have been accepted or have a provisional acceptance to a host institution
- Candidates who have financial assistance from the host institution are eligible
- Upon completion of training, Participants must be willing to return and work in their home country
Candidates are expected to be prepared to demonstrate the following;
- An Affiliation or employment with an institution in their home country.
- Provisional acceptance to the host institution.
- Financial assistance from the host institution.
- Willingness to return and work in the home country upon completion of training.
March 1, 2023
CHCEK THIS OUT :