Good news! Applications are now Open for the 2023 edition of the fully funded McDonald Fellowships. All prospective applicants for the 2023 edition should kindly read the following text for more information about this Fellowship.
The McDonald Fellowships is launched by the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation, this is a golden opportunity for residents of a low or middle-income country with a field of study relevant to multiple sclerosis. McDonald Fellowships is a fully-funded Program for candidates who meet the below criteria.
Through the McDonald Fellowship, early-career multiple sclerosis researchers from low and middle-income countries will be able to work in a research institution outside of their own country. Interested applicants can apply for virtual or local projects to overcome the travel restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upon receiving the awards, Participants are expected to use the newly developed expertise and networks, continuing to undertake MS research and/or patient care in low- and middle-income countries.
Summary of McDonald Fellowships 2023
- Country: Neighboring country or the participant’s home country
- Institution: The institute can be outside the home country or institute of the participant’s home country
- Eligible Degree Level: MSc, PhD, MD
- Duration: 2 years
- Amount: The McDonald fellowship consists of a two-year grant, around £30,000 GBP per year
- Eligible Gender: Male and Female
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2023.
Financial Benefits of McDonald Fellowships 2023
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits;
- A £30,000 GBP annually to cover travel and living costs.
- The host Institution will receive an additional contribution of £2,000 GBP per year
- Opportunity to Enrich the knowledge of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Gain Professional development.
- International collaboration is encouraged.
- Enhancement of Social network.
Application Process For McDonald Fellowships 2023
To apply for McDonald Fellowships 2023, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of MSIF below to apply https://www.msif.org/research/awards-grants-and-fellowships/mcdonald-fellowships/
- Check the eligibility before applying
- Provide the required supporting documents for the application form.
- Complete the required fields correctly
- After completing your application form, proceed to submit it.
Requirements for McDonald Fellowships 2023
- Candidates must have gained a Master’s or PhD including MSc or MD in an area related to multiple sclerosis.
- The Fellowship is open to Nationals of a low or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank)
- Candidates who are working or studying in a low or middle-income country (as defined by World Bank) can apply
- Research areas must be relevant to multiple sclerosis.
- Allowed to apply include students who are studying in another country on a project, supported by an MSIF grant.
- Candidates must be working on a project in a research institute or hospital abroad or in-home country or working on a virtual project.
Needed Documents for the McDonald Fellowships 2023
- Supporting statement.
- Three referees with their details including the applicant’s supervisor or employer.
- A study plan in the case of the virtual association.
June 30, 2023.
CHECK THIS OUT: