The American Association of University Women (AAUW), is inviting international women across the globe to apply for its AAUW International Fellowships 2023 in the United States. Applications are now open for the 2023 edition of the AAUW International Fellowships, which was established in 1917.
AAUW International Fellowships
This fellowship is designed for women (non-U.S. citizens or women with permanent residents), who are committed to returning to their country to pursue a professional career. The fellowship will provide support for their full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States. Interested and eligible Candidates are encouraged to apply early as a limited number of awards are available.
Recipients of AAUW International Fellowships are expected to return back to their native nations and take up leadership positions in industry, politics, academics, community action, the arts, and sciences.
AAUW International Fellowships – Summary
- Sponsored by: American Association of University Women
- Country: United States
- Eligibility: Women only
- Funding: $20,000–$50,000
- Application Opens: August 1 every year
- Application Deadline: November 15 every year
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) was founded in 1881 by a small group of female college graduates, they came together to create a platform for the advancement of women’s careers and also to encourage an increased number of women who seek to pursue a higher education. The membership of the American Association of University Women grew as the number of women graduating from college increased.
Since its inception, the AAUW has successfully published hundreds of research reports, including a paper disproving a myth in 1885 that college impairs a woman’s fertility, a recently published report of a study documenting the economic impact of workplace sexual harassment.
Benefits of the AAUW International Fellowships
The AAUW International Fellowships offers the following Financial benefits to successfully selected applicants:
- A $20,000 for a Master’s/first professional degree:
- Doctoral Degree Candidates will receive up to $25,000
- Postdoctoral Candidates receive up to $50,000
Eligibility – AAUW International Fellowships
This Fellowship is available for;
- Women applicants only
- The international fellowship covers all fields of study at approved institutions of higher learning or, for postdoctoral fellows, in research.
- Re-applicants who are rejected are allowed to participate
- Applicants must have a non-immigrant visa if residents of the U.S., or
- Posses citizenship in a nation other than the U.S.
- Not allowed to apply include Women with U S. Citizen status, permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another nation
- Applicants must have an academic degree gotten from a US or overseas Institution and must be completed before the application deadline that is comparable to a US bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must be willing to devote their entire fellowship year to the suggested academic schedule.
- Have plans to complete their education and pursue a professional career in their own country.
- Fluent communication in English is mandatory
- Applicants must demonstrate their English fluency ability by providing; English proficiency tests, transcripts from institutions that speak English, or a written declaration stating that English is the applicant’s first language.
- Applicants who want to pursue a Doctoral and master’s degree must have submitted applications by the AAUW application deadline to authorized institutions of higher learning for the fellowship year
Other requirements can be found at the official website given below this page
How to Apply for AAUW International Fellowships 2023
To apply for the AAUW international fellowship for Women in the United States, visit the application link given below: aauw.applyists.net/aauw-if
At the application page, login by entering your email and password
November 15, 2023.