The 2023 edition of the WIPO Global Awards Competition is open for self-nomination and to applicants from around the world and from all industries.
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), created this Global award to celebrate exceptional enterprises and individuals making smart use of intellectual property for commercialization while contributing positively to society through their innovation and creativity.
The nomination process for WIPO Global Awards will identify inventors, creators and entrepreneurs using intellectual property rights to achieve their business goals and whose skills, technological developments, and creative content contribute to the progress and improve other people’s lives.
Details of the WIPO Global Awards Competition
- Type of program: Entrepreneurship
- Host Organization: World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Country: Switzerland
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Benefits of WIPO Global Awards Competition 2023
- Winners will gain International recognition and visibility.
- Award winners will Travel to Geneva to attend the awards ceremony and other networking events.
- Successful Candidates will have a personalized mentorship program to achieve new business goals and facilitate access to funding and partnership opportunities.
About World Intellectual Property Organization(WIPO)
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) also known in French as Organization mondiale de la propriété intellectuelle (OMPI), is the global forum for services, policies, cooperation, and information, related to intellectual property.
WIPO comprises 193 member states aimed at developing and leading a balanced and effective international IP system that benefits all. The Organization’s mandate and procedures are clearly outlined in the WIPO Convention, established in 1967.
The World Intellectual Property Organization seeks to provide IP protection services across borders to resolve related disputes.
How to Apply for WIPO Global Awards Competition 2023 in Geneva Switzerland
- Interested and qualified applicants have to visit the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) online page at: https://www.wipo.int/global-awards/en/index.html#inspired to apply
- Once the page opens, Register your account.
- Then fill up all the details with the correct information required
- Ensure that you complete the requested information carefully and then submit the application.
Criteria to participate in the WIPO Global Awards Competition
- All SMEs from the 193 countries can apply
- The award is open for self-nomination to applicants from around the world and from all industries.
- An independent international jury selects the winner of the awards with unique expertise in IP, innovation, the creative industries, investment and business.
Selection Criteria for the WIPO Global Award Competition in Switzerland
- Understanding of IP rights.
- Candidate’s ability to use IP rights to protect commercialized IP assets.
- Positive contribution to the development areas of one or more countries.
- The approach of diversity and inclusiveness.
March 31, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT:
- Mawazo Fellowship Programme 2023 for African Students – How to Apply
- TMU Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 for African Students – How to Apply
- Leakey Foundation Baldwin Fellowship Program 2023 for Developing Countries – How to Apply!
- Helium Health Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for African Graduates – How to Apply!