The competition for the UNWTO Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge is Open! This is an amazing opportunity provided to the innovative African youth in travel and tourism, who are seeking funds, partnerships, and opportunities for Mentorship in other to present their projects to the global market thereby finding the needed support for their programme.
UNWTO Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge 2023
The Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge is currently in its 5th edition, it will be the Namibian Ministry of Environment, Forestry, and Tourism. The program will focus on such areas as youth entrepreneurship, and students’ immersion in innovation, small enterprise development, personal transformation, and self-actualization.
As part of the benefits to delegates, they will have the opportunity to connect with African and global tourism leaders, entrepreneurial innovators, and partner organizations from across Africa and the rest of the world.
Summary of the UNWTO Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge for African Youths
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Host Organization: World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Eligible Countries: Africa
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
About World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
The World Tourism Organization commonly called UNWTO is the United Nations agency vested with the responsibility of promoting responsible, sustainable, and universally accessible tourism.
UNWTO Is a top international organization when it comes to the field of tourism, the Organization believes that tourism is a major driver to economic growth, inclusive development, and environmental sustainability.
Additionally, it offers leadership and support to the sector in advancing knowledge and tourism policies worldwide. The UNWTO headquarters is located in the City of Madrid in Spain.
Financial Benefits and aims of the UNWTO Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge
Winners will receive:
- A grant seed of $1000.00
- The 1st & 2nd runner will receive $500.00 grant seed
- Winners will gain complimentary enrolment for short courses provided by UNWTO.
- Mentorship opportunities, partnership, potential funding support and general career opportunities.
- Winners will have the chance to be part of an established network of Africa Youth in Tourism Mentors and Innovators.
How to Apply UNWTO Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge 2023?
Kindly follow the instruction below to apply for the Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge. You will need to show the following clearly:
- Indicate the vision, uniqueness, authenticity, and rationale clearly
- The proof of innovation in travel & tourism or related industry challenge being solved in Africa
- Show the sustainability of the impact of the project on travel and tourism, local communities, and/or related industries.
- Indicate clearly the project Timeline and the kind of support required; funding, investors, mentorship, partnerships, etc.
- Write a maximum of 500 words of conclusion or additional relevant information
- Visit the UNWTO website found below for detailed information and how to apply: https://youthtourismsummit.com/enter-competition/
Criteria for the UNWTO Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge 2023 for African Youth
- The Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge is open to African Youths
- Applicants must not exceed the age limit of 35years
- The Competitor displays a demo/ Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5min) during the presentation.
February 28, 2023.
More Related Content
- Sahara Group Graduate Management Trainee Program 2023 for Nigerian Graduates – How to Apply
- Singapore International Foundation (SIF) – YSE Global Program 2023 (Join as a Participant)
- WIPO Global Awards Competition 2023 for Entrepreneurs In Geneva Switzerland – How to Apply
- Mawazo Fellowship Programme 2023 for African Students – How to Apply
- McDonald Fellowships 2023 Fully Funded – How to Apply