The University Of Bonn SDG Fellowships For Developing Countries for 2022 batch application is on, scholars from Africa, Latin America, and Asia are invited for research on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) related topics, University of Bonn SDG Fellowships are usually for a period of three to twelve months.
About University Of Bonn SDG Fellowships For Developing Countries 2022
This fellowship program seeks to invite post-doctoral scientists usually in most fields of specialization that carry out research on topics addressed in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) stated by the United Nations Agenda for 2030 SDG.
It is expected that participating scientists should research and teach at the University of Bonn for one or two semesters. Funding for the University of Bonn SDG Fellowships is for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
Currently, the number of Universities and research institutions in Africa, Asia, and South America partnering with the University of Bonn is mind-blowing. SDG index shows that the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals stands as a major challenge for many countries in these regions.
Hence, researchers in the stated regions above are given preference for the University of Bonn SDG Fellowships, with the objective of supporting talented researchers and strengthening networks through them.
Summary of University of Bonn SDG Fellowships
- Application Deadline: May 1st, 2022
- Follow-on value: Future partnership projects plans between the fellow and the host institute in Bonn
- Eligible Countries: African countries, Latin America and Asia
- To be Taken at Germany
- Programme Type: Fellowship
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Worth of Award: The funding can cover the following:
- Travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- Scholarship of € 3,000 per month
- Funds of € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child
Research expense allowance of up to € 500 per month can be submitted to the International Office after the fellowship has been awarded.
No Insurance benefits with the scholarship and the international office cannot provide housing for scholarship recipients.
- Duration of Award: The award is for a minimum of 3 months to 12 months
Eligibility Criteria for University of Bonn SDG Fellowship
- To be eligible for this research Program, the applicant must be a Post-doctoral scientist and holder of foreign citizenship
- He/She must be a researcher or teacher at a university or research institute in the above-mentioned regions.
- The applicant must demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
Criteria for Selection
- One of the things to be considered is the project research quality that is being worked on during the fellow’s stay at the University of Bonn.
- The Work must be centered on topics that contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) declared by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development
- The Relevance of the research topic to developments in the region of origin
- Fellow’s contribution to academic life in Bonn for instance via public lectures or seminars
- Fellow’s integration into the host institute like the place of work, integration into existing teaching and research activities
How to Apply for University of Bonn SDG Fellowships
The application process for University of Bonn SDG Fellowships is stated below:
- Fellows are required to complete an online form
- The Project description in PDF format max 8 pages and consists of the following;
The project must describe an Outline of the research project to be worked on during the duration of the program in Bonn
Strong reasons for the fellow’s invitation and a description of his or her contribution to research and teaching at the University of Bonn
The project must describe clearly the activities through which the fellow will enrich university life at the University of Bonn during his or her stay there
Overview of the collaboration between the applicant and the fellow thus far
The project must clearly show the integration of the fellow into the host institute
- The fellow’s CV in PDF
- Fnancing plan
Note: All applications must be submitted by a full-time professor at the University of Bonn with the fellow via the Application form Bonn SDG Fellowships.
Applicants are advised to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage below before applying.