Hurry and apply for social media content manager jobs with visa sponsorship opportunities.
Social Media Manager Salary in United States
How much does a Social Media Manager make in the United States? The average salary is $58,222 – $89,186 per year. While the per hour ranges from $21.87 – to $33.50.
Salaries by Years of Experience in the United States
Salary depends on the location, your years of experience, and the company you are working with. However, we will be looking at years of experience salary in social media manager jobs. Below are some of them so far:
|Year of Experience||Salary range|
|Less than 1 year||$14.87 per hour|
|1 to 2 years||$21.87 per hour|
|3 to 5 years||$33.50|
|6 to 9 years||$50.40|
|More than 10 years||$68.90|
Top Companies for Social Media Managers in the United States
In case you are looking for where to work as a social media manager, below are some top-rated companies to work with offering high salaries and benefits:
|Name of companies||Hourly salary||Yearly salary||Website|
|The Law Brothers||$17.32 – $30.95||$142,303 – $142,303||https://lawbrothers.com/|
|El Centro de la Raza||$18.44 – $35.00||$54,918 – $107,239||https://www.elcentrodelaraza.org/|
|Digital Media Management||$21.82 – $22.91||$47,434 – $111,757||https://www.digitalmediamanagement.com/|
|JobPrepped||$57,017 – $59,750||https://jobprepped.com/|
|Mother Earth Natural Health||$12.96 – $31.67||$51,972 – $84,853||http://www.motherearthnaturalhealth.com/|
|Mawer Capital||$19.23 – $36.77||$34,648 – $123,891||https://mawercapital.com/|
|Optimize Social Media, Inc.||$14.00 – $17.42||$30,000 – $89,450||http://optimizesocialmedia.net/|
|Original Grain||$15.49 – $22.36||$41,853 – $62,450||https://www.originalgrain.com/|
Highest Paying Cities for Social Media Managers Near the United States
There are some cities with high pay salary and lots of benefits to keep you comfortable. However, some of the top-rated cities include:
|New York, NY||$27.29 – $40.00||$72,666 – $106,498|
|Los Angeles, CA||$24.79 – $34.23||$65,997 – $91,136|
|Tampa, FL||$23.67 – $37.16||$63,018 – $98,930|
|Dallas, TX||$23.30 – $35.05||$62,032 – $93,310|
|Atlanta, GA||$22.54 – $30.04||$60,016 – $79,972|
|Austin, TX||$22.27 – $31.86||$59,285 – $84,818|
|Miami, FL||$21.00 – $33.26||$55,912 – $88,541|
|Houston, TX||$20.62 – $27.73||$54,903 – $73,829|
|Addison, TX||$20.87 – $31.66||$55,557 – $84,285|
There are benefits attached to the high pay salary. However, some of the benefits include:
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
How To Become a Social Media Manager
The ideal candidate should possess marketing experience and knowledge, with a marketing degree as a valuable bonus. They should demonstrate a deep understanding of various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube. Proficiency in content marketing and its application is crucial, along with strong language and writing skills.
A suitable candidate should also be a collaborative team player with leadership capabilities, equipped to guide fellow employees when necessary. Additionally, they should excel in customer service, showcasing qualities like patience, empathy, and conflict resolution. Lastly, familiarity with the blogging ecosystem that aligns with the company’s goals and objectives is an added advantage.
Below are the required qualifications for the job:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field preferred
- 4-6 years of experience producing and maintaining social media channels for a large audience required
- A portfolio of social media work that is engaging, audience-focused and features thoughtfully made ideas that are self-created and executed (from Twitter to LinkedIn)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and Google Workspace
- Experience working with a style guide and brand
- Strong creative and communication skills (in writing, graphic design, and video editing)
Social Media Manager Jobs in United States
There are different jobs in the social media manager field. However, below are some of them you can check out to apply for:
Social Media Manager
$60,000 – $65,000 a year
$40 – $50 an hour
They are responsible for developing and executing social media strategies to drive brand awareness, increase engagement, and generate leads.
Activities and Social Media Manager
Salary range: $84,442 – $126,770
Their duties are to create and direct brand development, including the hotel website. Managing hotel messaging/brand positioning and creating and directing brand voice guidelines.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Salary range: $56,727 – $62,013 yearly
This job is currently available with the duties of updating SEO and creating Facebook ads that turn into sales, social media management, flyer design and more.
Corporate Social Media Manager
- $58,222 – $89,186 per year
- $21.87 – $33.50 per hour
In this role, you’d work for a large corporation, managing its social media presence across various platforms. Your responsibilities may include creating and implementing social media strategies, content creation, community management, and tracking performance metrics.
E-commerce Social Media Manager
- $71,777 – $114,775 yearly
- $23.60 – $37.73 hourly
E-commerce companies often require Social Media Managers to promote their products and engage with customers. You would focus on creating content that drives sales and managing online customer communities.
Agency Social Media Manager
- Salary range: $58,222 – $58,222 yearly
- $21.87 – $33.50 per hour
In a digital marketing or social media agency, you’d work with multiple clients across various industries. This role involves developing and executing social media strategies, creating content, and analyzing the performance of different campaigns for clients.
Nonprofit Social Media Manager
- $21.87 – $33.50 hour
- $58,222 – $89,186 yearly
Nonprofit organizations need to establish an online presence to raise awareness and support for their causes. Social Media Managers in nonprofits focus on building and engaging with the community, promoting events, and fundraising.
Entertainment Social Media Manager
- $58,222 – $89,186 per year
- $21.87 – $33.50
In the entertainment industry, including music, film, or gaming, Social Media Managers create and manage content to engage with fans, promote new releases, and drive ticket or merchandise sales.
What are your duties as a social media manager? Though it has different field, general duties include:
- Social Media Management
- Analytics Tracking and Reporting
- Social Media Posting, Editing and Scheduling
- Account Management and Engagement
- Flyer Design
- Create and implement marketing/brand strategies for AMACMEDIA
- Client intake and outreach
- Content Creation + Content Scheduling + Caption Writing
- Updating SEO and creating Facebook ads that turn into sales
- You will be working with Canva, HoneyBook, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Cap Cut, and More.
How to Apply
When applying for a Social Media Content Manager job, it’s important to make a strong impression concisely and compellingly. Here’s a brief guide on how to apply for such a position:
- Prepare your resume and cover letter
- Research the company and its social media presence.
- Customize your application for the specific job description.
- Emphasize your proficiency with social media platforms, content creation tools, and analytics.
- Incorporate relevant keywords from the job posting in your resume and cover letter.
- Be Professional and Personable:
- Highlight Relevant Education and Certifications:
- Carefully follow the application instructions provided by the employer by submitting your application through a specific portal, including requested documents, or adhering to a specific format.
- After submitting your application, send a polite follow-up email expressing your continued interest in the position and reiterating your qualifications.
- If you get an interview, prepare thoroughly.
Types of Visa Required in The US
For Social Media Content Manager jobs in the USA, you would typically consider the following types of visas:
- H-1B Visa: This visa is for foreign workers in specialty occupations, and it may apply if your social media content management role requires specialized skills and expertise.
- L-1 Visa: If you are transferring from a foreign branch of your current employer to a US office for a social media content manager position, the L-1 intra-company transfer visa may be applicable.
- O-1 Visa: The O-1 visa is for individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement in their field. If you have a highly distinguished career in social media and content management, you might qualify for this visa.
- TN Visa: If you are a citizen of Canada or Mexico and your social media content manager position falls under a NAFTA professional category, you can apply for a TN visa.
- E-3 Visa: This visa is available to Australian citizens working in specialty occupations, which may include social media content management.
- J-1 Visa: If you are participating in an exchange program related to social media or digital marketing, the J-1 visa may be an option.
What do I need to stay relevant as a social media manager?
A successful social media manager must possess creativity, stay updated on technology and trends, and create high-quality, engaging content that addresses the needs and interests of online visitors and readers.
Can social media managers work from home?
Social media managers may have the option to work from home, depending on their specific work assignments and company policies.
How often should a social media manager post on social media?
The content a social media manager intends to share depends on its characteristics and importance. Some posts aim to boost follower numbers and drive sales, while the intended message also influences the posting frequency.
CHECK THESE OUT: