Good news! Applications are ongoing for Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2023/2024. The prestigious scholarship was founded in 2000 through generous funding from Lord Sainsbury of Turville.
Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships seek to strengthen academic ties with Japanese studies programmes in the following countries; Asia, Europe, Oceania, and North America.
In the course of the Fellowships, scholarship recipients are provided with an opportunity to work in a scholarly environment conducive to completing a publication project. Additionally, successful fellows will be given shared office space in Norwich and are expected to live in Norwich during their appointment.
Details About Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2023/2024
- Fellowships Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Sainsbury Institute
- Country to study: United Kingdom
- Study at: Sainsbury Institute
- Course: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Fellowship Commences: In September 2023
- Duration: Six Month
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
About Sainsbury Institute
Founded in 1999 through the generosity of Sir Robert and Lady Sainsbury, the Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts and Cultures (SISJAC) aims to promote knowledge and understanding of Japanese arts and cultures.
Now In its second decade, Sainsbury Institute has formulated a renewed mission statement that not only reflects the benefactors’ intentions and is grounded in their original vision but aims to expand its intellectual horizons. The institute has a mission to promote world-class research and be a leader in the study of Japanese arts and cultures from the past to the present.
While working with its partners and funders, the institute furthers its mission through:
- The creation of collaborative and active global research networks; and
- Sharing the results of it research; while
- Advancing outreach and educational activities.
Benefits of Sainsbury Institute Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2023-2024
- The Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2023-2024 offers up to £24,000
- It’s important to state the preferred start date in your application which may be subject to negotiation.
- The six-month Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships carry a value of £12,000.
How to Apply for Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2023-2024?
To apply for the Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowship, kindly follow the instructions below:
- You will need to Send an email: http://[email protected]/ to obtain the application form.
- Complete the form and email it to [email protected]
- In addition to the application form, attach the following:
- CV containing the date the Ph.D. is expected to be conferred, if not already conferred) and
- Sample of writing e.g a published article, or a core chapter of the PhD
- Please Note that all application documents must be in English and two letters of reference should be sent by email or mail to arrive by the application deadline.
- For more details, visit the Sainsbury Institute website: https://www.sainsbury-institute.org/how-to-apply/
Eligibility Criteria for Sainsbury Institute Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships Qualification
- The fellowship is open to scholars who have received a PhD in any area of Japanese culture.
- Special Preference will be given to applicants working in the fields of visual studies, including but not limited to the history of art, cultural heritage, archaeology, architecture, film studies, and digital humanities.
- Fellows must have a good level of spoken and written English to be considered
February 28, 2023.
More Related Content
- Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge – Apply Now!
- FASPE Journalism Fellowship Program 2023 – Journalism Students and Early career Journalists
- Georgetown University Global Human Development Program – Apply Now!
- Housekeeping Room Attendant Jobs In USA with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now!
- World Food Prize – George Washington Carver Internship (GWC) 2023 for Undergraduate/Graduate Students