There are lots of network administrator jobs with visa sponsorship alongside benefits. However, this job plays a crucial role in maintaining and managing an organization’s IT infrastructure.
Their responsibilities encompass designing, implementing, and maintaining network systems, and ensuring the smooth flow of data and communication within a company. Many organizations are in constant need of skilled network administrators, and for international candidates seeking opportunities, visa sponsorship can be a key factor in securing employment abroad.
However, this post will explore the world of network administrator jobs with visa sponsorship, discussing the job responsibilities, qualifications, and the process of securing such positions.
Network Administrator Salary in The United States
The salary usually depends on the location, experience and company. I will be listing out the average salary of this job in the US, but will as state some top companies with high pay.
However, the average salary for a Network Administrator is $75,820- $110,355 per year and the hourly salary range is $43.53- $63.35.
Salaries By Years of Experience in The United States
As I have stated before, by years of experience salary is different from location and company rate. However, below are the average salary range:
|Years of experience||Per hour|
|Less than 1 year||–|
|1 to 2||–|
|3 to 5||$40.15|
|6 to 9||–|
|More than 10 years||$14.01|
Some Top Companies for Network Administrators in the United States
Looking for where to apply for this job, look no further. However, below are links and companies that pay high with benefits in network administrator jobs in the US:
|Company||Per hour salary||Per year||Website to apply|
|Perspecta||$14.47- $80.74||$52,000- $159,438||http://www.perspecta.com/|
|HCLTech||$12.50- $66.28||$37,987- $138,239||https://www.hcltech.com/|
|Northrop Grumman||$15.03- $63.53||$55,592- $187,955||http://www.northropgrumman.com/|
|Delaware Nation Industries||$9.37- $99.88||$51,095- $167,150||http://www.dnigov.com/|
|Leidos||$12.67- $55.00||$53,000- $200,598||http://www.leidos.com/|
|Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)||$10.00- $58.00||$44,725- $134,537||https://www.tcs.com/|
|Centene||$12.50- $46.76||$37,659- $158,072||http://www.centene.com/|
|Amentum||$17.18- $52.81||$49,752- $144,132||https://www.amentum.com/|
|General Dynamics Information Technology||$11.63- $28.13||$48,000- $168,909||http://www.gdit.com/|
|FOURANS||$11.63- $28.13||$48,000- $168,909||http://www.fourans.com/|
Highest Paying Cities for Network Administrators
There are different cities with high paying salaries, wondering which of the cities is high? Anyway, below are list to check out:
|Cities||Average salary per hour||Average salary per year|
|New York, NY||$49.79- $71.10||$86,727- $123,843|
|Philadelphia, PA||$46.71- $59.87||$81,356- $104,281|
|St. Louis, MO||$45.91- $61.81||$79,978- $107,663|
|Baltimore, MD||$43.98- $56.94||$76,611- $99,187|
|San Antonio, TX||$43.49- $60.38||$75,757- $105,182|
|Tempe, AZ||$43.68- $51.72||$76,081- $90,083|
|Orlando, FL||$39.87- $51.49||$69,456- $89,692|
|Columbus, OH||$39.71- $55.91||$69,179- $97,385|
|Jacksonville, FL||$34.68- $54.63||$60,406- $95,163|
Highest Paying Network Administrators Jobs
Network administrators play a crucial role in managing and maintaining an organization’s computer networks. Their responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network infrastructure to ensure it operates efficiently and securely. However, the salary of network administrators can vary depending on factors such as experience, location, and the specific industry or organization they work for. Here are five high-paying network administrator jobs based on industry and specialization:
Network Security Administrator
Salary range: $88,538- $135,470 per year
Network security administrators focus on securing an organization’s network infrastructure and protecting it from cyber threats and attacks. Their responsibilities include implementing and managing firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and security protocols. Salaries for network security administrators can be high due to the critical nature of their role in safeguarding sensitive data.
Cloud Network Administrator
Salary range; $67,858 and $84,334 yearly
With the growing adoption of cloud services and infrastructure, cloud network administrators are in high demand. They manage and optimize network connectivity for cloud-based applications and services. Salaries for cloud network administrators can be competitive, particularly if they possess expertise in cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud.
Data Center Network Administrator
$83,500 to $84,500 yearly
Data center network administrators oversee the network infrastructure within a data center, ensuring high availability, reliability, and performance. They manage complex network configurations and support data storage and processing operations. Salaries for data center network administrators are often higher due to the critical nature of data center operations.
Wireless Network Administrator
Salary range: $47,460 to $124,090
Wireless network administrators specialize in managing wireless networks, including Wi-Fi and other wireless technologies. They ensure reliable and secure wireless connectivity for users within an organization. Salaries for wireless network administrators can be competitive, particularly in industries that heavily rely on wireless communication, such as healthcare and education.
Network Solutions Architect
Average salary range: $103,842 to $127,437
Network solutions architects design and plan the overall network infrastructure for organizations. They work on creating robust, scalable, and efficient network solutions that meet an organization’s specific needs. Network solutions architects are typically highly experienced and command high salaries due to their expertise in designing complex network environments.
Network administrators are responsible for the following key tasks:
- Network Setup and Maintenance: Design, install, and maintain LAN, WAN, and wireless networks for efficient and secure operation.
- Security Management: Implement measures to protect data, systems, and network infrastructure from cyber threats.
- Troubleshooting and Support: Diagnose and resolve network issues to ensure uninterrupted services.
- Hardware and Software Management: Oversee hardware and software, update, manage licenses, and ensure efficiency.
- Data Backup and Recovery: Backup data and create disaster recovery plans for business continuity.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Continuously monitor network performance, generate reports, and identify areas for improvement.
Qualifications and Skills
To become a successful network administrator, you typically need the following qualifications and skills:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields is commonly required; some accept associate degrees or relevant certifications.
- Certifications: Credentials like CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA, and Microsoft MCSE demonstrate expertise.
- Technical Proficiency: Essential knowledge of network protocols, hardware, and software, with a bonus for Cisco and Juniper equipment.
- Problem-solving skills: Proficiency in troubleshooting complex network issues.
- Communication: Strong communication skills for interactions with colleagues, vendors, and partners.
- Security Awareness: Understanding network security best practices and implementation for data protection.
The Most Common Benefits for Network Administrators
However, there are lots of benefits to enjoy alongside with visa and high earnings. Below are some of these common benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Infirmity insurance
- Worker assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Well-being insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Apply Guide: Securing a Job with Visa Sponsorship
For international candidates seeking network administrator jobs with visa sponsorship, the process can be challenging but achievable. Here are the key steps to increase your chances:
- Identify Potential Employers: Look for companies that sponsor visas, like large corporations, tech firms, and multinationals.
- Network: Attend industry events, conferences, and job fairs to connect with professionals who can help you find job opportunities.
- Job Search Platforms: Use platforms like LinkedIn, indeed, and Glassdoor with visa sponsorship filters to find relevant job listings.
- Tailor Your Resume: Customize your resume to highlight your experience, certifications, and skills, focusing on how you can benefit the organization.
- Interview Preparation: Prepare for interviews by demonstrating your technical expertise, problem-solving skills, and how you can contribute to the company.
- Legal Assistance: Consult immigration attorneys specializing in work visas to guide you through the visa application process and ensure compliance with immigration laws.
Network administrator jobs with visa sponsorship offer a great opportunity for international candidates to pursue a career in IT and gain valuable experience in foreign countries. By honing the necessary skills, seeking out employers willing to sponsor visas, and navigating the application process, you can increase your chances of securing a rewarding network administrator position abroad. Remember to stay persistent and well-prepared, as the competition can be fierce in this field.
CHECK THESE OUT: