Having a kitchen assistant job in the USA with visa sponsorship is a possibility if you can have the skills and requirements. Read this guide to know what this job is all about and how to get it.
Who is a Kitchen Assistant
Kitchen assistants are responsible for all cleaning, washing, and preparation tasks in kitchens. They assist cooks and kitchen supervisors with all tasks necessary to ensure the smooth operation of kitchen operations.
Requirements and Skills for a Kitchen Assistant Jobs
To get a job like this, you must have the following qualifications;
- A GED or high school diploma.
- Demonstrated experience assisting in kitchens.
- A permit to handle food.
- Solid understanding of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- The ability to work well in a group.
- Outstanding organizational and time management abilities.
- Communication skills that are effective.
Duties and Responsibilities for Kitchen Assistants
The duties and responsibilities of a Kitchen assistant are;
- Cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas in accordance with established hygiene standards.
- All cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes should be washed and stored properly.
- Assisting the Cook with meal preparation, including washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors and wiping down the kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of food supplies that have been delivered.
- Organizing and storing food supplies correctly.
- Transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as directed by the cook.
- Soups and sauces are stirred and heated, and beverages are prepared.
Benefits of Kitchen Assistant Jobs
Getting a kitchen assistant job in the United States of America has the following benefits;
- Visa sponsorship from some employers
- Paid time off.
- Health insurance
- A very good pay
Where to Find Kitchen Assistant Jobs in USA
There are several platforms online to look for Kitchen assistant jobs in the United States of America. Some of these platforms online are;
How to Apply for Kitchen Assistant Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
To apply for a kitchen assistant job in the United States of America, follow the steps;
- First, get all the requirements listed above for the job.
- Get ready for your resume and application letter.
- Once all your documents are ready, go to any of the job search websites (indeed.com, LinkedIn, and another online platform.
- On the job listing website, get on the search bar and type in “kitchen assistant jobs in USA with visa sponsorship”.
- Once it appears, click on it and apply.
- Once you apply, you wait for the employer to access your documents.
- Once you are qualified, you will be sent a job offer and asked to come over for an interview.
- Make sure you research the company before going for an interview.
Kitchen Assistant Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship Interview Questions
After applying for this job, the next step to take is to make sure you are prepared for your interview. Here are some interview questions to expect;
- How did you hear about this role, and why does it interest you?
- Do you enjoy working as part of a larger team?
- Are you good at handling pressure, and what strategies do you use?
- What was the most interesting part of working in your last job?
- What do you want the final job in your career to be?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Are you applying for positions in any other companies at the moment?
- Tell me more about your skills.
- Do you have any short-term career development plans?
- How can a company help you to thrive as an employee in the future?
- What is one of your weaknesses in the workplace?
Type of Visa for a Kitchen Assistant Job with Visa sponsorship
As a kitchen assistant, you may be eligible for an H-2B visa, which is a temporary work permit for non-agricultural workers. In order to apply for an H-2B visa, your employer must first obtain a temporary labour certification from the US Department of Labor.
After the DOL approves the labour certification, your employer may file a Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf.
It’s important to remember that H-2B visas have an annual cap, so if you’re interested in this visa category, you should apply as soon as possible. Furthermore, the requirements for obtaining a visa and the application process may differ depending on your country of origin.
Where to Work as a Kitchen Assistant in USA
As a kitchen assistant, you can work in the following places;
- A hotel
- A restaurant or eatery
- Catering facilities
Salary of Kitchen Assistant Jobs in USA
The salary of a kitchen assistant varies according to different factors. Some of these factors are; qualifications, location, etc. According to various sources, the average hourly salary of kitchen assistants ranges from $12 to $16. The average annual salary of Kitchen assistants in the United States ranges from $44,000 to $48,000.
How Can A Foreigner Get A Job In USA?
If you live outside the United States and want to work in the USA, you generally must apply for a visa from the U.S. Department of State (DOS), unless a visa is not required for people from your country of nationality. You may visit DOS’ Travel Without a Visa page for more information.
Who can Sponsor me In USA?
All sponsors must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, be at least 18 years old, and be living in the United States (including territories and possessions) when they file the affidavit of support.
What Is the Easiest Way to Immigrate To USA?
Someone must sponsor you or file an immigrant petition for you. Wait until the petition is approved and a visa is available in your category. Then apply for an immigrant visa. Do this through a U.S. consulate abroad.
CHECK THIS OUT:
- How To Turn Off Google Assistant on Android Tablet
- Personal Assistant Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW!
- Change Google Home Voice: How to Change the Google Assistant Voice
- Patient Care Assistant Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW!
- Live In Care Assistant Jobs in USA for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now