The IMU GRAID Program 2023 is inviting Applications from developing countries, the Graduate Research Assistantships in Developing Countries was created in 2017 by the International Mathematical Union (IMU), to provide strong support for emerging research groups, working in a developing country.
These countries must however be listed in priority 1 or 2 of the International Mathematical Union’s definition of Developing Countries. This will ensure that talented students from these regions are well funded to pursue full-time study as graduate research assistants and also enrol for a Master’s or PhD program in mathematics, thus, promoting the growth of a mathematics community.
To be considered for the IMU GRAID Program, the applicant’s application must be submitted by a Team, having a Principal Investigator with the investigator’s research group and an International Partner.
The International Partner, on the other hand, should be a mathematician working at a University. However, he or she must not be based in any of the countries listed in Priority 1 or 2 of the IMU Definition.
Summary of the IMU GRAID Program 2023
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
- Host Organization: International Mathematical Union (IMU)
- Eligible Country: Developing Countries
- Benefits: Funds will be provided by voluntary donations from mathematicians
- Gender: Men and Women
- Duration: PhD (4 years), Master’s (1 year)
- Enrolment status: Ongoing
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2023.
Benefits of the IMU GRAID Program 2023
- A stipend of USD 3,500 will be given to each graduate research assistant per year.
- The program also covers the following costs:
- Accommodation, Basic living expenses
- Students will receive support by connecting their Research with an international mathematician.
About International Mathematical Union (IMU)
IMU was officially established on the 20th of September 1920, The International Mathematical Union commonly called IMU, is an international non-governmental organization.
The IMU has commitments to international cooperation in the field of mathematics globally.
How to Apply for the IMU GRAID Program 2023
- Are you Interested and qualified? Please go to the application link of the International Mathematical Union (IMU) on mathunion.org to apply.
- You can get more details about the program by visiting the IMU official website below: https://www.mathunion.org/cdc/scholarships/graduate-scholarships/graduate-assistantships-developing-countries
Eligibility Criteria for IMU GRAID Program 2023
- The IMU GRAID Program requires the PI (Principal Investigator), to be a university professor in mathematics, with a PhD degree. The PI should be resident in and work in a research centre in a developing country.
- The investigator must already be training mathematics Master’s or PhD students, and who is part of a research group.
Documents Required for Application
- A CV of both the Principal investor and International Partner,
- A 3 pages maximum narrative Collaboration Proposal
- The research plan.
- A budget for the requested support.
- A reference letter
April 15, 2023.
CHECK THIS OUT: