The AIMS Structured Master’s Scholarship 2023 Applications are open for African Students. AIMS scholarship program for January 2023 in take in South Africa is open to Students in Mathematical Sciences following the South Africa academic calendar (January – December).
All Interested Students are strongly advised to apply by 25th of January, however, applications that are submitted late will be considered. It is also important to note that applications from nationals of South African will be given preference.
AIMS Structured Master’s Scholarship 2023
Meanwhile, Applicants whose applications were approved to the programme will be notified early December. Also, Successful applicants are not required to pay any course fee as there is full bursaries covering tuition, accommodation, meals and travel costs.
Details About AIMS Structured Master’s Scholarship
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate Degree
- Host Organization: The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
- Country: South Africa
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 25, 2023
- Eligible Individuals: South African and SADC students ONLY, as well as Pan African students.
- Duration: Over three Semesters
About African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences or AIMS as it’s commonly called, is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for post-graduate training, research and public engagement in mathematical sciences.
Through the AIMS scholarship program, the Institute enable Africa’s brightest students to become innovators that propel scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency.
AIMS Structured Master’s Scholarship Program is designed to run for over three semesters with skills phase of the AIMS course that builds a standard core set of problem-solving skills. These skills include Approximation, Data analysis, estimation, modelling, computation, and statistics.
When completing the last phase of the AIMS course, participants must carry out a research project and write a scientific report under the supervision of an expert researcher on a topic of their choice.
Benefits of AIMS Structured Master’s Scholarship
- The AIMS Structured Master’s Scholarship does not require the payment of registration fees for the candidates selected for the Master’s degree.
- The scholarship covers the following expenses: tuition, accommodation, meals and travel expenses of successful applicants.
How to Apply for AIMS Structured Master’s Scholarship 2023
- Are you Interested and qualified? Visit the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) on: applications.nexteinstein.org to apply
- Get more details via the AIM website at: https://applications.nexteinstein.org/?application_type=January+Intake
Eligibility Criteria for AIMS Structured Masters Scholarship
- AIMS Structured Master’s Scholarship in Mathematical Sciences is open to students following the South African academic calendar (January to December).
- Special Considerations will be given to South African nationals.
- Applicants are required to have or expecting to completing by the start date of the AIMS course, a 4-year university degree in mathematics, or any science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component.
- Submitted records of An applicant should show strong aptitude in mathematics.
January 25, 2023