Microsoft Research Scholarship For Graduate Women 2022/2023 has finally arrived. Microsoft Research Scholarship is targetted to international Ph.D. women graduates in the field of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics, in the United States of America for the 2022/2023 session.
International women students around the world are encouraged to apply for this scholarship program. In this article, we have outlined the details of this scholarship, and how you can apply for the program. This is an amazing opportunity for women globally to close the gender gap in the fields of sciences.
The renowned Microsoft Research Scholarship for graduate women is usually for a year, the program is meant for excellent and outstanding graduate women and is designed to bring about an increase in the number of women looking to further their studies and enroll for a Ph.D. degree.
Microsoft Research Scholarship program supports women in the second year of their graduate studies, meanwhile, Women who are interested in this scholarship program are encouraged to apply during the first year of their graduate studies for a chance of gaining approval. These Scholarships are granted by Microsoft Research at the discretion of Microsoft.
Details of Microsoft Research Scholarship For Women 2022/2023
The details of this Scholarships program are stated below:
- The Scholarship is Offered annually
- Name of Scholarship: Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarship
- Available Subject Areas: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics (or related fields)
- Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
- Scholarship Type: Full Ph.D. women scholarships
Requirements related to Microsoft Research Scholarship For Women 2022/2023
- Selected applicants for the Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarship Program are usually nominated by their universities, afterwards, it is mandatory that their nominations be confirmed by the office of the chair of the department. Hence, Direct applications from students are not accepted for the scholarship program.
- Applicants are expected to be students of any U.S. Institution or Canadian university, taking full-time graduate studies in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics departments.
- To be eligible, students must be enrolled in their first year in a graduate program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics
- The number of Applicants that are accepted is usually a maximum of three applicants per department, and a total of nine applicants per university will be allowed.
- Payments of the scholarship awards, it is made directly to the university. Beneficiaries must remain enrolled in a graduate program or forfeit the award.
Participating United States universities for the Microsoft Research Women’s Scholarships include the following:
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cornell University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- University of California at Berkeley
- The University of Illinois, at Urbana Champaign
- The University of Texas at Austin
- University of Washington
Microsoft Research Scholarship Worth and Benefits
The scholarship worth is US$20,000, which $18,000 covers for Tuition fee, and $2,000 for travel allowance and fees for attending a conference in the recipient’s field of study. We earlier mentioned that this scholarship will last for a year.
How To Apply For Microsoft Research Scholarship For Graduate Women 2022/2023
- Graduate women students who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. at one of these universities and are interested in applying to receive the Microsoft Research Women’s Fellowships should approach the department head in their field of study. Also, applications must include the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Student’s undergraduate transcript
- Letters of reference (three copies) from researchers who are familiar with the applicant’s research;
- letter of recommendation(1 copy) from an advisor at the graduate level
- One letter of recommendation from an advisor at the undergraduate level
- One letter from another academic within the nominating institution.
Note: All applications can only be considered when submitted via the online application tool by eligible university department chairs or their designee, Emailed or hard copy applications are not considered.
You can visit the Scholarship Webpage Top for more details