Are you looking for a patient care assistant job in the USA with a Visa sponsorship? Congratulation ahead! This article contains all you need to know about the patient care assistant job and how you can apply.
You will also get to know the requirement and your responsibilities as a patient care assistant in the USA. This job is one of the easiest jobs and well-paid in the United State, but you need to be skillful to be able to apply.
Patient Care Assistant Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship
As a patient care assistant, you are to aides both the nurse and the patient in completing daily tasks. In this field, one of your duties is to check on vitals, help with working and bathing, and more.
Furthermore, you don’t offer medical care as a patient care assistant. But you do work directly with patients. You also assist patients with basic needs like feeding and personal care.
Who Is a Patient Care Assistant
Nurse patient care assistants offer basic healthcare services to patients in a hospital or a private residence. Furthermore, the nurse and the patients benefit from the patient care assistants in completing daily tasks.
A patient care assistant is also called a health care assistant, nurse supporter, male attendant, or personal care assistant. They help in bathing, feeding, and dressing sick patients.
How to Become a Patient Care Assistant (Requirement)
You need a high school diploma or GED to work as a patient care assistant. A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credential is required for a small number of positions, although the majority of employers accept a diploma and offer on-the-job training.
However, many of the clinical skills required for the position are acquired if you select the certification route. These programs involve lectures on the fundamentals of medicine, practical lab work, and perhaps clinical or nursing home rotations.
Skills for Patient Care Assistant Jobs in the US with VISA Sponsorship
Below are some of the skills and requirements you need as a patient care assistant in the US:
- You must be caring & kind.
- willing to interact directly with patients.
- ready to perform personal care duties (washing, toileting, etc.)
- capable of adhering to directions and guidelines.
- capable of using their initiative while working in a team.
- Being alert with outstanding communication skills.
- Being positive and encouraging.
- You must also be reliable and respectful of choices.
- You must have organization skills
Duties/Responsibility for Patient Care Assistance Jobs with VISA Sponsorship
The patient care assistant helps both the nurse and the patient in completing daily tasks. In this profession, your duties include
- Checking vital signs
- Assisting with walking and bathing
- Gathering test samples.
- Tracking changes in behavior, mood, or physical health.
- You help patients with basic needs like feeding and personal care as necessary.
- You do not provide medical care, but you do work directly with patients.
- Communicate with patients about their symptoms and needs
- Being positive and encouraging
Entry Requirement of Patient Care Assistant Jobs
Becoming a healthcare assistant does not set entry requirements. However, employers expect good literacy and numeracy and may ask for:
- GCSEs or equivalent in English & math
- They may ask for healthcare qualifications like BTEC or NVQ
- You must have experience in healthcare or care work
Benefits Of Patient Care Assistance Jobs In the USA with VISA Sponsorship
There are lots of benefits to enjoy when you work as a patient care assistant in the US with a Visa sponsorship. Some of them include:
- It lets you earn a living at the same time while making a difference in people’s lives.
- It’s a sector that is constantly growing. So, you will easily be employed
- A patient care assistant employer may offer on-site training and personal development opportunities.
- The role can be incredibly diverse regarding daily responsibilities.
- You have access to generous pension schemes and health service discounts.
- You have access to 27 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays.
However, you will find this job to be a very rewarding role with great job satisfaction once you settle within your position.
Where to Find Patient care Assistant jobs in the USA
There are lots of people looking for jobs in the USA from their own country. This means that the job search market in that field is very crowded. Therefore, you need to put in your best efforts to make sure you stand out in the crowd to be selected by USA companies.
The best way to search for a patient care assistant Job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship is online. To get a USA job online, you have to make use of high-authority job listings and job search websites. Some of these websites are;
- Indeed. com
Though there is more job website, the one listed above are the top job site to get a job from in the USA.
How To Apply for Patient Care Assistant Jobs in the USA with VISA Sponsorship
Patient care assistant jobs are available on Indeed.com which happens to be one of the world’s largest job sites. However, there is other job website like LinkedIn.com and more. to apply for a Patient care assistant job in the US with visa sponsorship, follow these steps below:
- Prepare all documents required for the midwife job
- Create a well-constructed CV, resume, and cover letter
- Bring out your smartphone or laptop
- Make sure you are connected to the strong internet network
- Navigate to any of the job websites (indeed.com or LinkedIn.com)
- Once any of the pages open, locate the search bar.
- On the search bar, type in the job you wish to apply for and the country
- After loading, you will see the jobs.
- Click on apply and follow the online process to access your job application form
Interview Question on Patient Care Assistant Job in the USA
Below are some of the questions you will be asked at the interview as a patient care assistant:
- Why do you think personal care assistants are important?
- What did you do for your last client?
- Have you worked with children before?
- What kind of caregiving tasks do you feel uncomfortable doing?
- Do you know how to cook according to special health requirements?
- What does discretion mean for a personal care assistant?
Salary Of a Patient Care Assistant Job in the US with VISA Sponsorship
The salary depends on your work. You may work a variety of shifts, such as nights, early starts, evenings, and weekends, during your typical 37.5-hour workweek. The Agenda for Change (AFC) pay scale applies to healthcare assistants, with band 2 being the common starting point.
In the United States, the salary range for a Healthcare Assistant job is from $31,532 to $45,300 per year. However, you may also have access to generous pension schemes and health service discounts aside from your salary.
VISA Required for Patient Care Assistance Jobs with VISA Sponsorship
The type of Visa required here is the H-1B visa. You will need to obtain a either Registered Nurse Immigrant Visa (“Green Card”) or an H-1B visa. U.S. law requires nurses to complete a screening program before they can receive an occupational visa.
So, with the visa listed above, you are ready to go. The Visa is important as the US law required patient care assistants to complete screen program to be able to get the visa.
The requirement for the visa includes:
- You must have a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.
- Hold a foreign degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.
Where To Work as A Patient Care Assistant
Patient care assistants are people who help doctors in caring for sick patients. They also offer support and services to patients in a hospital or healthcare environment. With this explanation, I believe you now know where a patient care assistant works. You can work on the:
- Nursing Home.
- Rehabilitation centers.
However, you can as well design to help the charity home as a patient care assistant and work there.
How do I become a healthcare Assistant in America?
To become a healthcare assistant in the USA, you need to complete a state-approved educational program. Which may be available from community colleges, vocational schools, or healthcare organizations.
What skills does a patient care assistant need?
One of the most common skills for a patient care assistant are good communication skills, compassion, and also patience for patients.
What is a health care assistant Called in the USA?
It is also called clinical assistant or healthcare assistant in the USA and supports the work of physicians, nurse practitioners, and more.
What qualifications do you need for a healthcare assistant?
You must have level 2 literacy and level 1 numeracy which will be tested at your interview. However, you don’t need to have a clinical background or clinical skills because all training is provided on the job.
More Related Content
- Top 10 Quick Certifications that Pay Well in 2023
- American Citizenship and Immigration Visa Sponsorship Program 2023
- High Paying Jobs in Canada Without a University Degree 2023
- How to Work in Canada without Work Permit this Year 2023
- How to Immigrate to Canada as an Electrical Engineer with Visa Sponsorship – Work…