Want to get a Personal Assistant Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship? read this article to the end as it contains vital information about the right steps and tips you should take to become a qualified Personal assistant and get sponsored by a company or an employer in the United States.
Personal Assistant Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
The term VISA sponsorship is the process by which employers sponsor foreigners to work in their company. Usually, these employers cover the cost of transporting these foreigners from their countries to the United States of America.
If you have previous work experience as a personal assistant and you are confident that you can perform all those tasks with an American company, this could be your opportunity to begin your journey to the United States of America.
Who is a Personal Assistant?
To start this discussion officially, it’s best to start with the full concept of being a personal assistant.
A personal assistant is sometimes referred to as a personal aide or personal secretary. This role describes a person that assists a specific person with their daily business or personal tasks.
The Duties of a Personal Assistant
The major duty of a personal assistant are;
- They schedule meetings and manage the calendars of a company or organization
- They are in charge of answering calls, emails, and messages
- They take accurate and comprehensive notes at meetings
- P.As help with daily time management
- They run errands as requested by their company or their bosses
- These workers plan to travel, including flights, accommodation, and land transportation
- They coordinate events and speaking engagements
- Personal Assistants draft correspondence such as emails and letters for companies.
Requirements or Qualifications to Become a Personal Assistant in the United States
To work as a personal assistant, you must possess the following qualifications;
- High school diploma or GED
- An Associate bachelor’s degree in business administration
- A degree in the related industry will also be useful
- you can also get a personal assistant with job training.
Skills Required to Become a Housekeeping supervisor
To become a personal assistant, you must possess the following skills;
- Good interpersonal skills
- You must be tech-savvy
- you must have active listening and good communication skills
- Applicants must have a proactive approach to solving problems
- The Ability to Multitask
- Strong time management and organization skills
Where to Find a Personal Assistant Job in The United States
The best way to search for jobs nowadays is by going online. Since you are not physically located in the United States and you might not be able to approach such companies with a representative, follow the online approach.
One of the ways to get good jobs online is to pay attention to job openings from your chosen company.
To be very effective with this, search for good companies in the United State of America that offer VISA sponsorship and subscribe to their website to be informed about new job openings.
To make things easier for you, create accounts at various online job listing websites so that you can get information about the latest job opportunities in this field of study.
It is very necessary to include in your job search that you are searching for a job with a VISA sponsorship. This way, you will be given the right jobs as suggestions.
Some Global Job Listing websites you could make use of are;
Companies that Sponsor Personal Assistants with VISA sponsorship in the United States
As stated above, if you are serious about getting a VISA-sponsored job in the United States, you should have a few companies in mind. This way, you can target just a few effective applications and expect good results.
Here are some suggestions on companies that sponsor foreign personal assistant job seekers;
- Principal Financial Group
How to Get a Personal Assistant Job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship in the United States
To get a personal assistant job in the United States, follow the steps below;
- First of all, you have to make sure that you are qualified for the job that you are applying for by getting all the required qualifications
- Now, after getting all the required qualifications, create a very good curriculum vitae, resume, and cover letter
- Now, you can search for a job from any of the online platforms given above
- When you find a job, submit a very good application.
- The next step is to wait and prepare for an upcoming interview.
- If you are qualified, you will be contacted for an interview.
Now, follow the tips below to get yourself prepared for your interview
Personal Assistant Job Interview Questions
One of the best ways to be prepared for an interview is to know some of the sample questions that may be asked in the interview and arm yourself with the right responses.
Here are some types of questions you should expect for a Personal Assistant job interview
Tell me About Yourself
This might just be the first question, but is a true test of confidence and communication skills. These two skills are necessary for the role of a personal assistant. Therefore, you have to be as vocal as possible in your answer. Talk about your qualifications and your experience.
What are your Biggest Strengths?
With the answer to this question, you can show your prospective employer how aware you are of your abilities.
This could be your vocal resume or portfolio. Talk about your best abilities and how you have used them to make your job better or more favorable for you.
What are the Top 3 skills for a PA position?
At this point, you should be able to show your employer that you know what your priorities should be.
The skills you should focus on are good organization, excellent computer skills, and a very high standard of writing.
What Experience do you Have in PA Role?
This is a very good opportunity to showcase all the experience you have gathered in the past years. Tell your employer about related work you have has in the past such as voluntary groups or helping to organize events.
Benefits of Having a Personal Assistant Job in the USA
Here are a few benefits you can get from being a personal assistant;
- A very good pay
- You get to learn more about your work during the working process
- Flexible working hours
- You will have access to a wider range of skills and experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Work in the US Without VISA Sponsorship?
Who can Sponsor me in The USA?
To sponsor someone in the United States, you must be a United States Citizen, must be at least 18 years old, and reside in the United States.
How do you find Companies that will Sponsor you?
Apart from the steps given in this article, you can get a sponsor in the United States by following the tips below;
- Look for existing supporters or sponsors and reach out to them
- Reach out to established companies in the United States
- Follow them up
- Build a connection with them over time
How Much Does US Visa Sponsorship Cost?
VISA sponsorship may cost within the range of $4000 to $9000 depending on the size of the company and the number of employees working for the company.