Imperial College London, renowned for its excellence in education and research, is offering an incredible opportunity for aspiring PhD students. The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Imperial College London annually bestows a number of prestigious full-fee scholarships upon outstanding PhD applicants.
These scholarships are open to international students, as a demonstration of the college’s global Inclusiveness academic excellence.
About Imperial College London Engineering PhD Scholarships
The Engineering PhD Scholarships awarded by the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Imperial College London are incredibly competitive. They encompass a comprehensive package, including a full tuition fee waiver.
The scholarship package extends to Home/Overseas tuition fee waivers for a generous 3-year period, a bursary at the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) rate, along with a London allowance of £2,000 for 3.5 years, and a total allowance of £700 for conferences and travel.
The Selection Process
- The process of securing one of these prestigious scholarships begins with the nomination of Ph.D. applicants by their supervisors.
- This nomination is a critical step, as funding decisions are made by the EEE department’s Awards Panel Committee.
- Timing is of the essence here, as applicants who apply earlier, typically by October for the following October intake, stand a higher chance of being nominated.
- The selection process is rigorous, and this reflects the high standards of Imperial College London.
Eligibility Requirements for the Engineering PhD Scholarships
Candidates must meet the following program eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- Interested Candidates from any country can apply
- Direct applications are not allowed, applicants who have been made a PhD offer by the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, an application can be put forward by their supervisor.
- Possess a master’s degree, however, in relevant fields
- Selection is based on academic merit.
- Candidates must be in good physical and mental health, possess an excellent academic standing, and demonstrate good conduct.
- Candidates should not currently hold any other scholarship simultaneously.
Benefits of the Electrical & Electronic Engineering PhD Scholarships
The scholarship package for successful Candidates is substantial and includes the following:
- Full fee Scholarship, covering Home/Overseas tuition fees for 3 years.
- A bursary at the UKRI rate, complemented by a London allowance of £2,000 for 3.5 years.
- A total allowance of £700 was allocated towards conferences and travel.
- Successfully securing this scholarship at Imperial College London, commences with the nomination of interested applicants by potential PhD supervisors.
- After receiving an offer for a PhD place, the Awards Panel Committee takes charge of funding decisions.
- It’s important to note that the Awards Panel also assesses nominations for other funding schemes, such as the President’s Scholarship, which are centrally managed by the College.
- For more details, kindly access the official Page by clicking this link: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/electrical-engineering/study/phd/funding-and-scholarships/
October 31, 2023.
Who can apply for the Imperial College London Electrical & Electronic Engineering PhD Scholarships?
Applicants from both domestic and international backgrounds are eligible to apply. Nationality is not a limiting factor for this scholarship.
How are candidates selected for these scholarships?
PhD applicants are nominated by their potential supervisors, and the final decisions are made by the EEE department’s Awards Panel Committee.
Can I hold other scholarships simultaneously with this one?
No, applicants cannot hold any other scholarship concurrently.
Is there any financial support for conferences and travel provided by the scholarship?
Yes, the scholarship includes a total allowance of £700 to support conferences and travel.
More Related Content
- Fully Funded President’s PhD Scholarships 2022/2023 At Imperial College London UK
- Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarships 2023 – Apply Now!
- President’s PhD Scholarships 2024 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW
- Imperial College MBA Scholarships 2024 (Up to £15,000) – APPLY NOW
- Google PhD Fellowship Program 2023 for African Graduates – Apply Now