Google has recently announced the Application Call for the 2023 intake of the Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program. The PhD Fellowship will provide support to eligible African graduates to pursue a PhD program in which scholars will be connected to a Google Research Mentor.
Google PhD Fellowship Program 2023
This PhD Fellowship program is a demonstration of Google’s commitment to maintaining a strong network and relations with the academic community (this is Google’s top priority). The establishment of the Google PhD Fellowship program is to recognize graduate students with outstanding, exceptional, and innovative research in Computer science and related areas.
PhD Candidates who are looking to influence the future of technology and people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this program as the fellowship is designed for them. Google fellowship programs are offered to the following regions; Africa, Australia, Canada, East Asia, Europe, India, Latin America, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, and the United States.
Details About Google PhD Fellowship Program
- Category: Fellowship (Postgraduate)
- Host Organization: Google
- Eligible Country: Africa
- Available Course: Computer Sciences and related fields such as:
- Algorithms, optimizations
- Computational neural and cognitive sciences
- Health research
- Human-Computer interaction
- Machine learning
- Machine perception, speech technology and computer vision
- Mobile computing
- Natural language processing
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum computing
- Recommender systems
- Structured data and database management
Systems and networking
- Gender: Men and Women
- Duration: Three Years
- Application Deadline: May 11, 2023
Benefits of Google PhD Fellowship Program 2023
- Successfully Selected students for the Google PhD Fellowship, will receive a $10,000 award per year over 3 years.
- Fellows will be connected to Google Research Mentors
How to Apply for Google PhD Fellowship Program 2023 for African Graduates?
- To apply, applicants are advised to check the FAQ: https://research.google/outreach/faq/ for details on eligibility and application requirements in their region before applying.
- Visit the main Google PhD Fellowship webpage found below to apply when the application period begins
- Google PhD Fellowship page: https://research.google/outreach/phd-fellowship/
Eligibility Criteria for Google PhD Fellowship Program 2023
The following conditions must be fulfilled for applicants to be considered eligible:
- Applicants must be current PhD degree students at any accredited university in Africa.
- First-year part-time PhD Applicants who are looking to transfer to full-time taught Programs are also welcome to apply.
- Ideal Candidates should be early-stage Ph.D. students, i.e., not more than 1 year of their Ph.D.
- Candidates for the 2023 Google Fellowship must have commenced their program on or after 1-Jan-2023.
- Selected Students are expected to remain enrolled in the Ph.D. program for the full duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- The available field must be a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related areas.
Documents Required for Application
- Recent resume with links to the applicant’s publications (if available).
- A resume of the student’s Ph.D. program advisor (One page)
- Student’s transcripts from the first year of Bachelor’s degree to date.
- A research proposal (maximum two pages).
- Letters of recommendation (three) of which one should come from the thesis adviser in case of current Ph.D. students).
May 11, 2023.
More Related Content
- What Are the Reasons to Invest in Child Insurance
- The Facebook Fellowship Program 2021 | How to Apply
- Fully Funded Bond University PhD Scholarship 2022 – Study In Australia
- Australia Awards Fellowships Program 2023/2024 for Developing countries – APPLY NOW
- Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2022 – Application Process(
- Teach for Nigeria Fellowship 2023 for Young Nigerian University Graduates and Professionals – Apply Now