Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2022 is now open to applications from interested candidates. Basically, Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens collectively using their voice to eliminate extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2022
On the Global Citizens platform, you will learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, and also how they intend to take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions. Therefore, as part of a global community devoted to lasting change, Global Citizen works in partnership with the Nongovernmental sector (NGO) and with corporate sponsors to deliver value in innovative and impactful ways.
This fellowship is powered by BeyGOOD, Global Citizen Fellowship Program will discover African youth with outstanding potential. The Global Citizen Fellowship engages about 15 young people in a paid, year-long fellowship that is aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity namely; creative, campaigns, rewards, and marketing.
In carrying out this dynamic Program, Fellows are taken through a five-phase curriculum, specifically designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive in any future professional environment. Hence, in the entire program duration, Fellows will be immersed in the use of digital technology for social change, the importance of building lasting professional relationships, and the role of innovation in an ever-changing world.
Subsequently, 4 Fellows will be appointed based on merit to travel to New York City to experience Global Citizen’s annual festival in Central Park. Selected Fellows will spend seven days in New York with different teams and departments while meeting influential people, it is intended that all of these steps will advance their growing skillsets.
The Benefits of Global Citizen Fellowship Program
Global Citizen Fellowship Program involves educational travel trips which include the following:
- Airfare for Round trip from Johannesburg to Cape Town.
- The entire trip-related meals are covered
- Also, all trip-related lodging and transportation.
To be eligible for the above educational travel trips:
- Applicants are expected to be available to attend at least 90% of the learning sessions in Johannesburg.
- The Applicants should attend all training sessions before and after the trips.
Requirements for Global Citizen Fellowship 2022
All Applicants for the prestigious Global Citizen Fellowship Program must be:
- 21 to 25 years of age by the time of application
- Applicants must be South African, Nigerian, and Kenyan residents and citizens only
- Preferably Applicants without a tertiary qualification
- The Applicant must demonstrate active Global Citizens, either through their community work or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store)
- All Applicants must be available full-time from 19 July 2022-to 30 June 2023
- South African applicants, they’re required to find accommodation in Johannesburg, while Nigerian applicants are in Lagos.
- Applicants from Kenya can be based anywhere in the country and will participate virtually.
- The application is also open to persons from minority and underrepresented communities
Application Process for The Global Citizen Fellowship Program
To apply for the Global Citizen Fellowship:
You will have to create and submit a 2 to 3-minute video, or 500-700 word essay answering the following questions:
- What are the qualities you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- And If selected, what are the lasting change you would like to achieve through the program?
- What are the specific socio-economic issues do you intend to take action on, and why?
You can Apply By Email At via this link.
For more details and directions on how to apply for the fellowship program, visit Global Citizen’s official website.
Thanks for reading! If this post can be insightful to somebody else, please share it.