The Australia Leadership Awards Fellowships now referred to as the Australia Awards Fellowships, is currently accepting applications from students from developing countries.
The Fellowships are a component of a regional program that aims to develop leadership and build partnerships with developing countries.
The Australia Awards Fellowships Program is designed for individuals who are already leaders or have the potential to assume leadership roles that can influence social and economic policy reform and development outcomes.
Details of the Australia Awards Fellowships
- Fellowship Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Australia Government
- Country: Australia
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 22, 2023
- Number of Fellows: 15 Fellows per Fellowship
- Benefits: $25,000 maximum per Fellows
About Australian Government Fellowship Awards
Australia works with developing countries at all levels including government, business, professional, and community levels. The Australia Awards Fellowships Provide the opportunity for Australian organizations to broaden their links with leaders and professionals in developing countries.
The aim of this Awards is to:
- Deepen the partnerships between Australian organizations and partner organizations in developing countries, in support of Australia’s strategic development objectives; and
- To increase the capability and professional development of selected Fellows to advance priority development issues bilaterally, sub-regionally, and regionally.
- Complement Australia’s individual bilateral and regional development programs and long-term scholarships by offering senior and mid-career officials and professionals who will advance priority development and foreign affairs issues on their return home.
- The Award is aimed at providing quality training, exchange of expertise, skills, and knowledge, as well as opportunities, to enhance networks on issues of shared interest.
Benefits of Australia Awards Fellowships
- Fellows will Grant funding of up to $25,000 each on a competitive basis to Australian organizations to support a range of professional development activities.
- As a result of changes in the Round of 16, the Australian organizations may request additional funding of up to $10,000 for bilateral Fellowships and $20,000 for multilateral Fellowships. These additional funds are to carry out follow-up activities in the partner country.
How to Apply for the Australia Awards Fellowships 2023?
- Interested and qualified candidates can visit the Australian Government at: fellowships.smartygrants.com.au to apply
- Opportunities for Study for individuals from developing countries is available under Australia Awards: australiaawards.gov.au.
- Late applications submission will not be accepted for assessment.
- For more details, click the link below: https://fellowships.smartygrants.com.au/
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Awards Fellowships
- Individuals are not allowed to apply as applications are accepted from Australian organizations only;
- Only the following Australian organizations can apply; NGOs, academic institutions, research organizations, businesses, industry, media, professional associations, and Government agencies.
- However, these Organizations must demonstrate ongoing linkages with overseas counterpart organizations in eligible countries.
- Note that all the overseas counterpart organizations and individual fellows must be sponsored by an Australian organization.
- The ideal fellows identified by Australian organizations must be from one of the eligible countries.
January 22, 2023.
More Related Content
- University of Bayreuth BIGSAS Scholarships 2023 – Apply Now!
- Mauritius Africa Scholarships 2022/2023 for Deserving African Students – Apply Now!
- University of Dundee Steve Weston and Trust International Scholarship – Apply Now!
- Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships 2023 – Apply Now!
- University of Waterloo Scholarships 2023 in Canada Fully Funded – Apply Now!