Are you wondering about How to tag someone on Facebook? On social media, tagging is kind of an important part so use it. Tagging someone on Facebook allows them to be notified about the fact that you’ve mentioned them and also it helps you to get more likes on posts or statuses. Now, if you’ve been wishing to tag someone or a friend on your posts, but don’t seem to know how to get that done. Worry no more, because all you have to do is read on and will be giving you the steps to tagging people on your posts and also page posts.
How to Tag Someone on Facebook
Tagging someone on Social media such as Facebook is simple and can be done in just the blink of an eye. When you tag someone, you create a link to their profile. The post you tagged the person in may be added to the person’s timeline. For instance; you can those who are in the photo or status update to indicate that you were with them. If you tag a friend in your status update, users who see the update can go to the friend’s profile by tapping or clicking on the name. And also the status will be shown on the timeline of the friend that was tagged.
Tag Someone on Facebook
On Facebook, if you tag someone, the person will be notified about it. Also, tagging a friend in your post might make it visible to the audience you’ve selected plus the friends of the tagged person. Tags on posts and photos from people you’re not friends with will appear in the timeline review where you can decide to allow or decline. Depending on the settings you have on your account, you can also review tags by anyone including those you’re friends with. You can tag someone using your mobile phone or website.
Tag Friends on Facebook
Tagging a friend on Facebook can only be done if you are signed in to your account. And that brings us to the Facebook login form or process. You should keep in mind that;
- When you tag someone in a photo, that person’s friends may see, like, and comment on it.
- Your tag may need to be approved by showing it on a person’s timeline depending on their privacy settings.
- Depending on the audience’s settings, you may not be able to see the option to tag people on their posts.
Now, with that said, let’s go and log you into your account.
You can log in using a smartphone or website. Now, follow below;
- Open your browser and go to facebook.com or open the app.
- On the login form, enter your email address or mobile number and password.
- Hit on Login.
The account will be logged. When you move on post the photo you want and also tag those friends you wish to.
How to Tag Someone in a Facebook Post
You can tag people or pages in photos you share on Facebook. Tags are allowed before or after posting. It can be done using your smartphone and computer. Now, follow below to tag someone or page in a post or photo;
- At the top of your Newsfeed, click on “Photo/Video below “What’s on Your Mind?
- Select the photo that you like to post.
- Hover to the photo and click on “Edit” on the left.
- Click on “Tag Photo”, then click on the person in the photo and start typing the name.
- Select the full name of the person or page you want to tag when it appears.
- When you’re finished with tagging, click on “Save”.
- Select the audience you want for the post or photo and click on “Post”.
When the photo has already been posted;
- Click on the photo you want to tag.
- Then click on the tag icon in the top right of the photo.
- Click on the person in the photo and start typing the name.
- Select the full of the person or page you want to tag when it appears.
- Lastly, select “Done Tagging”.
- At the top of your Newsfeed, tap on “Photo”.
- Select the photo from your camera roll and tap “Done”. Or tap on the “Camera” icon at the top to take a new photo.
- Tap on “Edit” on the top left side and the blue tag icon at the top.
- Tap on a person’s face in the photo you want to tag.
- Type in their name in the text box and tap on their picture when it appears. Tap on “Done” when you’re finished.
- Tap on “Next” and then “Post”.
When it has already been posted;
- Go to the photo and tap on the tag icon in the top right.
- Tap on the person’s face in the photo.
- Type in their name in the text box and tap their profile picture when it appears.
- Tap the tag icon at the top right side to save.
Keep in mind that as a user on the platform, you can tag more than 50 people in a photo on your timeline or page.
- CHECK THESE OUT:
- Facebook Tagging – Facebook Tag Settok Post | Delete Facebook Post
- How to Create, Use and Update Tags ings
- How to Tag Other Facebook Pages or People in Your Page’s Photos
- How to Hide Facebook Friend List from Others – How to Control Who Can See Posts and Photos I am Tagged in on my Timeline
- Delete FB Post: How to Delete WordPress