The question is How to Delete a Facebook page? Users may have so many reasons why they will want to delete a Facebook page. It may be that the page was created while they were younger. And now they are grown up they see it as a boring page. Or it may be that you are tired of getting notifications from this page as it may be a disturbance to you. There is now a chance to permanently delete this page so as to get peace of mind.
The following steps will guide you on how to delete a Facebook page (Fan page), a business page that you don’t need anymore. A user has the chance to delete Facebook pages via a computer or the Facebook mobile app for those using androids.
For you to be able to delete a Facebook page you must be recognized as an admin of that page. You being the admin is the only access you have to delete that page. If you are not an admin you will need to seek access from someone who is an admin. The following are steps on how to delete a Facebook page via a computer.
Steps on how to Delete a Facebook Page via Computer
Users are advised to follow these steps correctly so as to get an accurate result.
- Click on the downward arrow located at the top right corner of your Facebook homepage
- Select the page you want to delete.
- Once you are on the page, tap Settings in the menu bar which is at the top
- Click on the general button.
- Scroll down and click “remove page”.
- Tap on “delete(name of the page)”.
- Click on confirm.
However, if you want to know how to delete a page with the platform mobile app via a mobile device, follow the steps given below.
Steps on how to Delete a Facebook Page via Mobile
- Open your Facebook app
- Visit the page you want to delete.
- Click on this icon “…” at the top right corner of the page
- A page will pop up, click on edit settings
- You will be taken to your settings, tap on the general button
- Scroll down to the last option in general which asks you if you want to remove the page
- Click on delete(page name)
- Click on confirm to confirm your decision
Deleting the page via computer or mobile device means it won’t be public any longer, a 14 day period is included giving users the chance to restore the page if they want it back.