The Gmail account for the child your child is the account that is handled by an adult in place of the child to be directly in charge of the account. The suitable age for the children to be able to handle their own Gmail account is when they are 13 and above in age.
Create a Google Account for Child
Setting up a Google account for your child is the best decision any parent or guardian could make for their child as the internet has some content that is not suitable for kids less than 13. The Google account restricts some content that is not necessary for kids less than 13.
The steps are the possible ways of creating a Google account:
- Input google.com/signup on your browser search bar.
- Then enter the necessary names for setting up the account for the child.
- Next is to enter the username.
- The next step is to enter a password and pls note that you have to use the password you could remember. The password comprises eight characters mixed with letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Click on Next to go to the next page of setting up.
- The next page gives you the option of placing an optional phone number and an email address for recovery purposes (when you forget the password).
- After entering the recovery email address, you enter the child’s date of birth and the child’s gender, then click on Next.
- The next page shows the space for the adult’s email address, the adult address here is the adult that would be keeping the account in check.
- You would have to sign in to the adult’s account, you would see some information with a check box, make sure to read through the information before clicking on the box to show your acceptance.
- The next page shows you two options to choose from, the two options are Express personalization and manual personalization. Express personalization uses the personalization settings to send customized content to your child and manual personalization helps to construct your child’s personalization step by step and helps you to choose the settings that should be switched on or off in order to provide the best Google experience for your child.
- Once the personalization part is over you click on agree, and you will have another option to invite another parent which is left to you to choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we set up a Gmail account for my younger child?
You can set up a Google Account and use Family Link to administer it for your child who is younger than 13 (or the legal age in your country). Children can access Google products like Search, Chrome, and Gmail with Google Accounts, and you can set up simple online ground rules to keep an eye on them.
Can I create a kid account for a Google Account?
You sign into the child account after signing into the parent account. After that, the child account “approves” monitoring, turning it become a managed child’s account. Even though there is still no method to lower the age below 13, you will be able to handle account management as a parent at least.
What happens if the Google Account holder is a minor?
After 14 days, if you don’t opt to set up supervision or prove you’re old enough to handle your account, your account will disable, and after 30 days, all of your account information will erase.
Are Gmail accounts for children the same as adult accounts?
Gmail will function largely the same way for kids and adults. Only a few Gmail functions are unavailable to users under the age of 13 (or the legal age in your country): Advertising: Google won’t process Gmail messages or offer adverts within Gmail.
CHECK THESE OUT: