Imagine trying to sell a phone, or trying to track your lost or stolen phone, and then you are asked to provide your IMEI number. if you do not know what your IMEI number is or you do not know how to check it, do not worry, we have come to the rescue.
The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a unique and special number that every mobile phone has. This number is quite useful and can help in tracking or locating your phone if misplaced.
It is completely okay if you have no idea how to check your IMEI number because, in this guide, we will be walking you through a step-by-step process on how to check your IMEI, so you can rid yourself of the ignorance of your knowing your phone’s IMEI number and also locate your phone in any circumstance
What is An IMEI Number?
The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) code is a special 15-digit number given to each mobile device before it is sold. It is basically like a unique fingerprint for every phone or tablet worldwide. The IMEI help you to identify and track your device, allowing them to be registered, checked for warranty, activated on networks, and found if they get lost or stolen. This 15-digit code makes differentiate each mobile phone from the others, and it’s an important part of the mobile technology system. What is the Purpose of the IMEI Number?
What is the Purpose of An IMEI Number?
The IMEI code comes in handy when trying to find a lost phone. It helps to prevent mobile thefts and can also track phones even if the thief switches the SIM card. If your phone has two SIM cards, they get two IMEI numbers, which makes it tough for someone else to tamper with the device without permission.
If your phone is stolen and you tell your telecom provider, they can help you block the phone number by using the CEIR (Central Equipment Identity Register). The CEIR is like a powerful database that keeps track of all mobile numbers and can block them in situations like that.
How to Check IMEI Number
There are four ways in which you can check your IMEI number. Here, we will be exploring those four different methods with you, so you can choose the one that is most convenient for you.
How to Find IMEI Number by Dialling
USSD stands for Unstructured Supplementary Service Device, and it’s a protocol used in mobile phones. It’s like sending a special text message with codes that your phone can read.
- To find your phone’s IMEI code, open the Dialpad and type *#06#.
- Then press send. Your IMEI code will appear on the screen. Some people call *#06# the ‘IMEI number check code.’
If you have a modern smartphone, you might not even have to press enter; the IMEI code will automatically show up.
Check your Phone Box
You can easily find your IMEI number if you are lucky enough to still have your phone’s box. You can check any of the four sides to find you’re IMEI code.
How to Check IMEI Numbers on Android Phones
If you are an Android user, do well to follow these steps to check your IMEI number:
- Step 1. Open your phone settings.
- Step s2. Choose the About Phone or Phone option.
- Step 3. Scroll through to locate the IMEI code.
How to Check IMEI Number on iPhone
For iPhone users, follow these steps to find or check your IMEI number:
- Step 1. Go to Settings.
- Step 2. Tap on General.
- Step 3. Select About, and you’ll find your IMEI code there.
We have successfully shown you all four ways in which you can check your IMEI number. Make sure to follow these easy steps if you want to easily find your IMEI number.
How to find your iPhone’s IMEI number through your Apple account
Here are the steps to find your IMEI number through your Apple account:
- Step 1: Visit appleid.apple.com.
- Step 2: Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the Devices section and choose the device to see its serial and IMEI/MEID numbers.
- Step 4: For a different device with iOS 10.3 or later signed into your account, go to Settings > Your Name.
- Step 5: Scroll down to view devices signed in with your Apple ID and tap the device name to find its serial and IMEI/MEID number.
Can I check IMEI without a sim card?
Your phone’s IMEI number is always accessible and available even without a sim card and you can use the same method explored in the article to check it.
What can I do if I can’t find my IMEI number?
If you can’t find your phone’s IMEI number, try these steps:
- Check the original packaging or receipt.
- Look at the phone’s back or battery compartment.
- Dial *#06# in the dialler.
- Check the phone’s settings (iPhone: Settings > General > About; Android: Settings > About Phone > Status).
- Contact your mobile carrier for assistance.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Samsung Claims they can Remotely Disable Stolen TVs
- Just Call – The Benefit of Using Just Call | Just Call Login
- Create Facebook Account by Mobile Number | Download Facebook App | Facebook Login
- Find My iPhone – How To Set up Find My iPhone on your iOS Devices
- Many T-Mobile Customers Report They Can’t Call Some Mobile Numbers
- Facebook Create Account Without Phone Number: Facebook Create Account | Gmail Facebook Create Account
- Facebook Phone Number Search – Facebook Search by Name