How to Block Ads in Google Chrome on Android. So far, the internet is filled with ads, which can make browsing the web frustrating to us sometimes. One of the best ways to prevent intrusive ads from hopping right into our device is by installing ad blockers.
Ads in Google Chrome
Back in the day, Google’s Chrome browser did not come with any built-in ad-blocking feature whatsoever. Users had to start making use of third-party extensions, which were only found on the chrome Desktop version.
In the year 2018. Google decided to release an update that offered chrome its very own built-in ad blocker, offering users an alternative to installing third-party extensions. This was not just for the desktop version, but also for the Android version of Chrome also, making instant ad blocking just a tap away for mobile users.
While this would not lead to a completely ad-free browsing experience, enabling it is a must for those that are easily annoyed by constant ads, and that is especially true when the steps are not that complicated.
Benefits of Enabling Chrome’s Ad Blocking Feature
The Ad block feature does not exactly remove all traces of ads, but it functions more like an ad filter. Turning on the feature would prevent more inappropriate and annoying ads from popping up while browsing on Chrome. This feature is quite handy for all those websites that are brimming with ads that are frustrating, especially if they include overly intrusive ones that happen to cover a big part of the screen or load as users as leaving a site, hindering them from viewing the page entirely or navigating away from the site quickly.
Seeing as Chrome’s ad-blocker is looking to reduce ads frequency of certain ads, this ca lead to the browser taking up less data on your phone, making it beneficial for handsets with much weaker processing power. Overall, enabling Google Chrome’s ad blocker would result in fewer ads.
How to Turn ad Blocker on or off in Chrome on Android
The process to follow in other to turn on the ad blocker is not that complicated, but your chrome app is supposed to be on its latest version. If you are making use of an outdated version of Chrome, update the app first by heading to Chrome on the Google Play Store, then tapping on the “update” button. Android’s Chrome ad block feature is by default, but users can choose to toggle it manually if they want to.
The steps on How to Block Ads in Google Chrome on Android is stated below.
- Right on the browser’s home screen, open the “More” menu by tapping the three vertical dots right in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom area, and then pick the “settings” option.
- Once again, scroll down, then select “site settings,”
- Right on this menu, find and tap on the “Ads” option
- Tap on “Ads” toggle switch here in other to enable or disable ads as you browse.
Once the ad has been enabled, it would be universally applied to all websites that you visit. It is worth noting that there are some sites that might not load properly unless chrome’s ad blocker is not on. So if you ever decide to re-enable ads, you can choose to do so by repeating the steps stated above once more and then toggling ads on via the settings menu.
- Google Chrome OS Flex is Offering Longer Life for Old Hardware
- Google Dictionary – Google Dictionary for Chrome | How to Access Google Dictionary
- Advertising Blocker on Facebook – How to Turn off Facebook Ads
- Microsoft Outlook extension is Now on Google Chrome – Microsoft Outlook Browser Extension
- Chrome Tubebuddy – What Can I Use Chrome Tubebuddy For