The China import and export fair commonly called Canton Fair is the largest and oldest trade fair in China. This trade fair is held twice a year in China, Canton to be precise.
In this article, you would be educated on everything you need to know about the Canton trade fair in China. So, keep on reading to the end.
Canton Fair in China
The Canton fair is a popular trade fair not only in China but around the globe. The official name of this trade fair is “China import fair and export fair”. This trade fair is commonly called the “Canton fair” because of the location it takes place.
The Canton fair takes place in Canton (Guangzhou), located near Hong Kong, south of China. This trade fair involves a lot of activities such as imports, exports, trade consultations, advertising, and commodity inspection amongst others.
Canton fair brings individuals of similar niches together. With this, they can share ideas and also strike wonderful business deals. This trade fair always provides an offer for everyone. So, you wouldn’t want to miss it.
Canton Fair Dates
As it was said earlier in this article, the Canton fair is held biannually. It is divided into two sessions which is the Spring session and the Autumn session. Due to the pandemic, the canton fair is held both online and offline.
The first edition of the Canton Fair 2022 was held online from the 15th of April 2022 to the 24th of April 2022. However, the offline canton trade fair extends to Thursday, the 5th of May 2022.
The second edition of the Canton trade fair 2022 would be held at a later date. This is from Saturday, the 15th of October to Friday, the 4th of November 2022. Having known this, you can choose the Autumn session either online or offline.
Canton Fair Registration
Though the Caton fair online is over for the first session, you can go ahead to register for the second edition with the guide in this article. The registration is totally free and easy to carry out.
How to Register for Canton Fair 2022
The steps below would guide you on how to register for the canton fair 2022 online:
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device.
- Enter cantonfair.org.cn to visit the canton fair official web page.
- Navigate to “Register” at the top right corner of your display screen.
- Choose the particular buyer (“Overseas Buyer” or “domestic buyer”).
- Upload your “Personal ID card” and “Standard Business license”.
- Click on “Continue Registration.
With this, you can follow the rest instructions on your screen to complete the process of registration.
Canton Fair Phases
Each session in the canton fair is further divided into three phases. They include:
- Phase one. This phase focuses on products such as electronic and electrical products. The beauty of this phase is that it usually has the largest number of deals among the other phases.
- Phase two. The second phase focuses on labor-intensive products such as furniture, ornaments, gifts, and groceries.
- Phase three. This phase involves products and services that people use. They include; food, medicine, fashion accessories clothing, and bags.
The dates of each phase are different but they all fall within the specified date for the canton fair. The canton trade fair is anticipated by individuals around the globe and has been held since 1957 in China.