Guess you are thinking if really advertising blocker on Facebook is even possible. First off let’s talk about the Facebook ad blocker. Facebook Ad Blocker allows you to browse Facebook without ads and see only the information that really matters to you. The extension blocks ads, banners, video ads.
Facebook Ad Blocker is a free browser extension for filtering your Facebook content, including ad-blocking. While blocking Facebook’s ads takes just a couple of clicks for you, there’s an arms race happening behind the scenes between Facebook and the ad-blocking community. Ad blockers have the upper hand for now.
Advertising Blocker on Facebook
So yes advertising blocker on Facebook is actually possible, all you need do is read down for more details. While ad blockers help us to enjoy the actual content of the web pages without being exposed to the ads, with Facebook the situation is not so optimistic.
98% of all the money for Mark Zuckerberg and his employees comes from advertising; therefore, Facebook does everything possible to feed you as many adverts as it can.
Is there a reliable way to block ads on Facebook? Can we stop them from learning our behavior online and affecting our consumer decisions? The way to answer that lies in how well we know Facebook and the ads they use.
About Facebook Advertising
It’s not clear anymore what Facebook is nowadays used for. Originated from the idea of connecting classmates, friends, and relatives, the platform took a confident course toward becoming the world advertisement leader.
The ads are so well integrated into our newsfeeds and involve such great multimedia, that consuming them became an everyday business for millions of people. More ads mean less usability, however, the vast majority of users are still in love with Facebook for the communication and entertainment possibilities it provides. Get more details here.
Things You Should Know About the Ads
Below are some of the important facts you should know about Facebook ads;
- Turning off a campaign, ad set, or ad doesn’t delete it.
- Turning off a campaign turns off any ad set or ad in that campaign.
- If you can’t turn on your campaign, ad set, or ad again, try to reset your account spending limit or update your payment information.
How to Turn off Facebook Ads – Turning Off Online Interest-Based Advertising
You can be able to turn off interest-based advertising; the guidelines to do so are below;
- Open the Facebook app then click on ‘Settings‘ in the upper right-hand corner of your homepage.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select ‘Account Settings.
- Select ‘Ads ‘at the bottom of the list and then tap on ‘Ad settings‘.
- You will find two sections on the type of ads that you can disable. One section offers ads based on the websites you visit and apps that use Facebook technologies. The second section removes you from Facebook Audience Network which is used to serve you ads even when you are not on the social network.
- Change the settings for “Ads based on data from partners” and “Ads based on your activity on Facebook Company Products you see elsewhere” to “Not Allowed.”
- The section marked “Ads that include your social actions” can be changed from being ‘seen by friends only ‘to ‘no one.’ You can get more details on this here.
Blocking annoying ads on Facebook is not as direct as it should be. However, you can find ways around these ads, targeted or not. You can get more information on blocking Facebook ads here.