Apply for the 5th edition of the Google GNI Student Fellowship 2023, as applications are now Open! Google, in partnership with the European Journalism Center, is offering up to 20 positions to the following nine European countries: Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain, The Netherlands, Italy, Austria, Ireland, Poland, and France.
Google GNI Student Fellowship 2023
The main objective behind the establishment of the Google GNI Student Fellowship is to support the next generation of media professionals in Europe, it is also aimed at driving innovation across the news industry. So, what are you waiting for? Apply for this unique opportunity to kick-start a career in the news industry.
Students and recent Graduates are encouraged to apply to stand a chance of working in one of the Participating newsrooms for a period of 8 weeks, in the summer of 2023. Participants will receive compensation for their work.
Summary of Google GNI Student Fellowship 2023
- Category: Fellowship
- Title: GNI Student Fellowship
- Host: Google
- Eligible Country: Participating European Countries
- Focus: Media
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: April 21, 2023
Benefits of Google GNI Student Fellowship 2023
- Successfully selected Candidates will have the experience of working in the European newsroom.
- Participants will receive payments from their newsroom for eight weeks of full-time work. A €2,500 minimum payment is expected to be made. However, the exact amount will be at the discretion of the newsroom.
- Fellows are prepared through the boot camp to make the most out of their fellowship.
- The European Journalism Centre, as one of the sponsors of the GNI Student Fellowship, will provide Student Fellows with training, guidance, and advice during the Fellowship.
How to Apply for Google GNI Student Fellowship 2023?
To apply for the GNI Student Fellowship Program, kindly follow the process:
- Carefully Read through the details of the host media you would like to apply for.
- Review the application questions using the sample application form at: docs.google.com
- Get your CV ready including your work samples, references, and motivation
- Login or create a new account (for new users)
- Proceed with the application process by clicking this link: grant.ejc.net
Eligibility Criteria for the Google GNI Student Fellowship 2023
To be eligible for the Google GNI Student Fellowship Program, Candidates are expected to meet the conditions below:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years. Applicants who are below the minimum age will not be considered
- Applicants should be enrolled in a degree program or already graduated within the following years: 2020, 2021, or 2022 from an accredited education program.
- The accredited education program includes: Master, Ph.D., or bachelor’s students/graduates
- Students/graduates of a technical certificate.
- Students/graduates of a professional certificate.
- Apprenticeship or vocational training.
- Candidates must come from the country where the newsroom is based or reside or study in the country where the newsroom is based.
- Applicants must be legally allowed to work full-time in the country where the newsroom is based and
- Accepts both full-time and part-time students.
Documents Required for Application
The required application documents include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Work samples
- Letter of Motivation.
April 21, 2023.
More Related Content
- Facebook News Today: Facebook News | Facebook Newsroom
- Experience the Best Amazon Cyber Monday Deals of November 2022
- Facebook Journalism Project: Facebook Journalism | Journalist Registration on Facebook
- Facebook Commits $100M to Local Newsrooms – Facebook Announces $100M Grant Program for Small Businesses
- Facebook Journalism Project Community Network – Facebook Journalism Project Strategy
- Highest Paying Jobs in Journalism
- Best Jobs You Can Get with a Degree in Journalism