Applications are Open for the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023 in Switzerland! The Fellowship combines an online training session where fellows will get to interact with experts. Fellows will also join a field visit in Geneva. All interested Candidates are encouraged to apply before March 29, 2023.
Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023
To maintain global standards against biological weapons, the thoughts and ideas of Youth must be included in the multilateral discussions commencing at the Biological Weapons Convention (BWC). The ideas of Youth are necessary for the creation of innovative solutions and to generate long-term engagement.
The Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship is hosted by the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs in Geneva, Switzerland. They’re partnering with key stakeholders at the international level to empower youth in science diplomacy and global biosecurity.
The Fellowship will provide a platform for learning and networking experience in Geneva.
Details About Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023 in Switzerland
- Country: Geneva, Switzerland
- Organizers: UN Office for Disarmament Affairs
- Mode of Fellowship: In-person and virtual activities (hybrid).
- of Awards: 15 Young Scientists will be selected for this fellowship.
- Program Duration: 3 months.
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 29, 2023
Benefits of the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023 in Geneva, Switzerland
There are varieties of benefits that come with the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship Program. The key benefits are stated below:
- Successful fellows will have the opportunity to travel to Geneva (a fully funded trip) and participate in a Meeting of the Working Group on the strengthening of the Convention, with all expenses covered.
- Prior to visiting Geneva, fellows will join an online workshop to help them prepare for the Working Group meeting.
- The opportunity to learn and interact with leading experts is made available in the fields of disarmament, nonproliferation, biosecurity, biosafety, and health security.
- Networking opportunities and collaboration with diplomats, experts, and civil society organizations.
- Fellows will develop a new set of skills and the required experience in biosecurity. This will enhance their resumes, for a great career opportunity in this field.
How to Apply for Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023 in Geneva Switzerland?
It’s important to check the commitment, workshop, and field visit dates before applying.
- Qualified Candidates can apply via the online application page at: www.un.org/disarmament
- Complete the online application form correctly and ensure to attach the required documents below.
- Candidates will be selected by the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs based on the following factors: Eligibility, Gender balance, and Geographic location.
- After three weeks before the application deadline, Candidates will be notified of the results.
- Successfully Selected candidates will have a week to confirm their interest and availability to join the Fellowship.
Requirements for the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023 Qualification in Switzerland
- Applicants must not have exceeded the age of 40 at the time of Appling for the fellowship.
- All Candidates should be nationals of a country listed as a low or middle-income BWC State Party by the OECD’s Development Assistance Committee.
- The education requirement for applicants is a degree in life sciences or a related field from a university or institution that is recognized. Graduates of social sciences may be considered.
- Language proficiency: Applicants should be sound in both written and spoken English
Application Documents for the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023
The following documents (in pdf), must be ready during the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship application process:
- Copy of passport
- A detailed resume
- Recommendation letter
More Related Content
- University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2023 In Switzerland – Apply Now!
- Excellence Geneva Master Scholarship 2023 In Switzerland – Apply Now
- United Nations Graduate Study Program In Switzerland – Apply Now
- How to Study Medicine in Switzerland – Top 5 Universities to Study Medicine in Switzerland
- Ten Low Tuition Universities In Switzerland