World Bank Africa Fellowship Program is available and can apply now. The Africa Region of the World Bank Group (WBG) has exciting news for Sub-Saharan African graduates and Ph.D. students. They have announced the opening of applications for the 2024 WBG-Africa Fellowship Program, an excellent opportunity for young, talented individuals to gain hands-on experience and contribute to the region’s development.
The World Bank Group initiated the Africa Fellowship Program in 2013, with a primary focus on attracting young, talented African nationals who are in the process of completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in fields relevant to the World Bank’s work.
Over the years, this fellowship program has achieved tremendous success, creating a robust pipeline of young African talent interested in pursuing careers in development, be it in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, or academia.
World Bank Africa Fellowship Program
The WBG-Africa Fellowship Program aims to provide selected fellows with a six-month assignment at the World Bank Group’s offices in Washington D.C. or country offices. During this period, participants will gain valuable hands-on experience and exposure to WBG’s operations. This includes engaging in knowledge generation and dissemination, designing global and country policies, and contributing to building institutions that foster inclusive growth in developing countries.
The 2024 edition of the WBG-Africa Fellowship Program. Will have up to 15 Participants, and this year. With the support of the Think Africa Partnership. There will be an additional 10 fellowship positions. The focus of these additional positions will be on private sector development and finance, aiming to enhance macroeconomic frameworks, stimulate business growth, and attract private sector investments.
About the World Bank Group
The World Bank Group operates as a unique global partnership consisting of five institutions dedicated to finding sustainable solutions to reduce poverty and foster shared prosperity in developing countries. The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA) constitute the World Bank.
Together, they provide financing, policy advice, and technical assistance to governments of developing countries. The World Bank Group’s collective efforts aim to tackle a wide range of challenges faced by developing nations.
Benefits of the WBG-Africa Fellowship Program
- Candidates selected for the WBG-Africa Fellowship Program will have the privilege of becoming short-term consultants for a duration of six months, starting from January 2024.
- Provision of consultant fees for participants including a round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C., or a WBG country office from their respective
- Worker’s compensation insurance will also be provided to ensure their safety and well-being during the fellowship period.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be eligible for the World Bank Africa Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should complete their Ph.D. within the last three years or should be currently enrolled in the final year of their Ph.D. program.
- A strong command of the English language, both in written and verbal communication, is essential.
- Candidates must possess robust quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Be below 32 years of age by the deadline
How to Apply
Applicants must be Ph.D. candidates or recent graduates from Sub-Saharan Africa, meeting the specified eligibility criteria.
Visit the official website given below to kick-start your application: www.worldbank.org/en/region/afr/brief/world-bank-group-africa-fellowship-program
The selection process for the WBG-Africa Fellowship Program consists of two phases:
In the first phase, the selection committee will create a shortlist of candidates based on their specialization, and the WBG may hire them for different units.
- Phase two is the final selection of fellows in consultation with various units of the WBG.After completing the process, the organization will inform all shortlisted candidates of their selection status.
While not mandatory, the following attributes are highly needed by candidates:
Consideration of an additional World Bank official language is considered advantageous.
- Those regions experiencing fragility and conflict are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in Forced Displacement
The application deadline for the 2024 WBG-Africa Fellowship Program is August 25, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- World Bank Young Professionals Program – WBG YPP
- Sub-Saharan Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2023
- Sub-Saharan Scholarship for African Student At National University of Ireland – How to Apply Now
- Africa Leadership Awards (Full Tuition-Fee) 2022/2023 – Tulane University
- The Facebook Fellowship Program 2021 | How to Apply
- Learn Africa Scholarships 2023/2024 For Young African Women – Apply Now
- Australia Awards Fellowships Program 2023/2024 for Developing countries – APPLY NOW!
- Global Good Fund Fellowship 2024 – APPLY NOW