The aim of the Global Innovation Fellowships is to offer early- and mid-career researchers in the humanities and social sciences based in the UK opportunities to enhance their skills, networks, and careers in various sectors such as creative and cultural, public, private, and policy.
These fellowships are designed to address challenges that require innovative approaches and solutions. The program encourages researchers within the SHAPE community to establish connections beyond academia, facilitating knowledge mobilization, translation, and individual skills development.
About The Fellowship
As part of the pilot phase, the British Academy is excited to collaborate with the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) in Berlin. DGAP is dedicated to advancing impactful foreign and security policies in Germany and Europe, promoting democracy, peace, and the rule of law.
Their experts provide strategic advice based on foreign policy research to decision-makers in politics, business, and civil society. Additionally, DGAP conducts practical research to develop concrete solutions for pressing foreign policy concerns and contributes expertise to strategically tackle the challenges of an increasingly unstable world. The Global Innovation Fellowship award holders will have the opportunity to embed themselves and work from DGAP’s office in Berlin.
Global Innovation Fellowships 2024
The goal is to establish a mutually beneficial partnership between the Global Innovation Fellowship award holder and DGAP, allowing both parties to benefit from fresh perspectives and expand their networks and influence. This collaboration will enable the award holder to strengthen existing connections and form new ones in the realms of policy and academia, facilitating the mobilization and translation of knowledge. It will also provide an opportunity for the award holder to develop innovative approaches and solutions to policy challenges by offering a different perspective.
Applications are open for various areas, including Technology
- International Affairs
- Global Order and Disorder
- Eastern and South-eastern Europe
- Sustainability, Nature & Climate.
Successful applicants will be expected to produce an analysis that is relevant to German decision-makers. While a deep understanding of German politics is not necessary, applicants should be able to offer fresh approaches to common foreign policy dilemmas in their chosen field and be ready to engage with policymakers and other stakeholders in Germany.
- The Academy is providing the opportunity for up to three individuals to receive one-year fellowships at DGAP’s offices in Berlin. These fellowships are awarded with a funding amount of up to £150,000, covering a duration of 12 months (with Full Economic Costing at 80%).
In order to qualify for this opportunity, you must meet some requirements:
- The award holder’s disciplinary background is not predetermined, but the applicant should showcase a strong comprehension of the relevant issues, such as the policy landscape and the systematic challenges it entails.
- Language skills related to the field are preferred, they are not mandatory.
How To Apply For The Global Innovation Fellowships 2024
- The anticipated start of Global Innovation Fellowships is September 2024. However, a potential earlier start in March or April 2024 could be considered if the applicant provides a detailed plan on how they will effectively manage their relocation within this shorter timeframe.
- Click here to commence your application.
For more information about Global Innovation Fellowships 2024 visit the official website.
November 1, 2023.
More Related Content
- Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- British Academy Global Innovation Fellowships 2023 – APPLY NOW
- School Programs in Canada – Canada School Programs and Area of Study – Study in Canada
- Canadian International Conference on Humanities & Social Sciences
- Africa Digital Innovation Competition 2022 – How to Apply Now