Alberta General International Undergraduate Scholarships for the 2024/2025 academic year, are now open for applications from eligible international students seeking a scholarship opportunity to study in Canada.
General International Undergraduate Scholarships – Summary
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Alberta, Canada
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Host Institution: University of Alberta, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Nationality: International Students
- Application Deadline: January 11, 2024.
General International Undergraduate Scholarships – Overview
The international undergraduate scholarships in Alberta are divided into two major categories: Admission-based and Application-based scholarships. Let’s examine each of these categories:
This scholarship is an excellent opportunity for students, it’s a financial support program for those who demonstrate outstanding academic performance. These categories include:
- Regional Excellence Scholarship:. This scholarship is geared towards recognizing students from specific regions, it encourages diversity and excellence.
- Gold Standard Scholarship: The Gold Standard Scholarship is the pinnacle of admission-based scholarships, offering up to $6,000 CAD to students who excel academically.
For the Application-based Scholarships, the awards include:
- President’s International Distinction Scholarship: This scholarship is designed for outstanding students who have made remarkable contributions to their communities. It’s a recognition of leadership and commitment to making a positive impact on society.
- International Leader Scholarship: Acknowledges individuals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills and are poised to be global leaders.
- May Quon Undergraduate Scholarship: The May Quon Undergraduate Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic performance and is an opportunity for students to further their education.
- University of Alberta and Global Citizen Scholarship for IB Diploma International Students: This is considered the most prestigious of the application-based scholarships, it offers up to $120,000 CAD to students, payable over four years. It is designed for International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma students who exhibit academic excellence and a commitment to global citizenship.
To be considered for the General International Scholarships at the University of Alberta, interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have been admitted to study an eligible full-time undergraduate course at the University of Alberta in Canada for the 2024/2025 academic year.
- Excellent academic abilities are required
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate leadership qualities to be considered for the awards
Applying for the University of Alberta General International Scholarships involves a two-step process:
Step 1: First, you need to apply for a study place at the University of Alberta.
Step 2. After securing admission, you can proceed to complete the scholarship application form by the application deadline mentioned below
For more details, please visit the official website at: https://www.ualberta.ca/admissions/international/tuition-and-scholarships/scholarships-and-awards/index.html?
The application deadline for Alberta International Undergraduate Scholarships 2024/2025, is January 11, 2024.
More Related Content
- Fully Funded University of Alberta Scholarships In Canada 2022/2023 – Apply Now
- University of Alberta: Graduate Recruitment Scholarships 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW
- 10 Best Universities in Canada for Medicine
- Top Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada
- Top Tuition-Free Canadian Universities in 2023 – APPLY NOW