Georgia Tech is a sizable public university with a campus in the city of Atlanta. There are 16,561 undergraduate students enrolled in total, and admittance is quite competitive where the acceptance rate is 16%. The average SAT or ACT score of accepted students at Georgia Institute of Technology is from 1360 to 1540, or from 31 to 35.
Nevertheless, 25% of accepted applicants received scores that were above these limits, while 25% received scores that were below these levels. Georgia Tech’s standard admissions application date is January 4. The Georgia Tech early action application deadline is October 15 for interested students.
The Georgia Institute of Technology’s admissions representatives view a student’s GPA as a crucial academic factor. Georgia Institute of Technology admissions officers take recommendation letters into consideration rather than an applicant’s high school class rank.
Georgia Institute Of Technology – Overview
The Georgia Institution of Technology is a public research university and institution of technology located in Atlanta, Georgia. It is often known as Georgia Tech, GT, or simply Tech or the Institute in the state of Georgia. It was established in 1885 and is a part of the Georgia University System. Singapore, Shenzhen, China, Metz, Georgia, and Savannah, Georgia all have satellite campuses.
Georgia Tech Acceptance Rate
A total of 52,354 applications were made for a place in the freshmen class of 2023–24. Georgia Tech’s overall acceptance rate was 16%. The lowest clip ever recorded at this school. These are the most recent acceptance rates:
- Class of 2026: 17%
- Class of 2025: 18%
- Class of 2024: 20%
Georgia Tech – Early Action
Georgia citizens only are permitted to submit an Early Action application to Georgia Tech. The institution accepted 2,577 applications through Early Action 1 in January 2022, for a 40% acceptance rate. A total of 369 different Georgia high schools, 107 counties, and 13% of students admitted to the Class of 2027 through Early Action 1 were represented.
International and out-of-state students were included in Early Action 2, which had an overall acceptance rate of 10%. The 2,838 students who were accepted in this round came from 1,807 high schools in 79 nations, 48 states (including the District of Columbia), and Puerto Rico.
Georgia Tech – SAT, ACT, GPA, and Class Rank
SAT: The mid-50% SAT score ranges between 1360-1540.
ACT: The ACT score ranges between 31-35.
GPA: The university’s freshmen class of 2022–2023 had an exceptional unweighted GPA of 3.9 on average.
Class Rank: Remarkably, 91% of the students in attendance were in the top decile and 98% were in the top quartile of their high school class.
Georgia Tech – Requirements and Rating
You should have the following to increase your chances of being admitted to the Georgia Institute of Technology:
- The individual’s character traits and personal qualities.
- High School transcript is required.
- SAT/ACT is considered but not required.
- Recommendations are Considered but not required.
- College prep courses are required.
- Geographical background
- A high school GPA is required.
- Extracurricular activities
- A very strong Personal essay considered
- A high school rank is not needed or recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
What GPA do you need to get into Georgia Tech?
You must have a GPA of 3.9-4.07 and be at the top of your class to be admitted to Georgia Tech.
Does early action matter for Georgia Tech?
Early Action applications are non-binding, and Georgia Tech uses the same application and evaluation process as Regular Decision applications.
What is the minimum SAT score for Georgia Tech?
Why is Georgia Tech so hard to get into?
Georgia Tech has a very competitive admissions procedure, albeit it is not as difficult as Ivy League universities. Extracurricular activities, among many other considerations, are taken into account while evaluating each application holistically.
How To Apply Georgia Tech
- Are you interested and have what it takes to be in Georgia after going through the requirements? If yes, then click on the link below to start your application process https://www.gatech.edu/
- visit https://news.gatech.edu/news/2023/03/27/georgia-tech-admission-announces-decisions for further information.
More Related Content
- Best Accident Lawyer in Georgia
- Georgia EBT Card Guide: How to Apply For an EBT Card (Food Stamp Benefit)
- Georgia Rental Assistance – What Is the Georgia Rental Assistance Program | Georgia Rental Assistance Login
- Georgia WIC – Georgia WIC Benefits and Services
- Georgia Department Of Public Health – Careers In Georgia Department Of Public Health