Do you want to study at Boston University but don’t know how things work there or what requirements the school expects from its applicants? Then sit back and relax because this article is for you.
To begin with, Boston University’s acceptance rate has experienced a decline, moving from 18.3% to 14.1% in 2022. This decrease indicates a more rigorous admission process at Boston University. Conversely, the acceptance rate for graduate studies has seen a 1.4% uptick, reaching 42.9%.
Boston University Acceptance Rate
To secure admission, students are required to present an academic score surpassing 85%. Beyond academic achievements, the submission of an essay, personal statement, and resume holds considerable significance in the selection process.
Boston University is ranked 108th in the QS World University Rankings for 2023. The university got an astounding 82,385 applications from students all across the world for the class of 2026. This marks a significant 6.4% increase in application volume. The admissions process for the class of 2026 marks a watershed moment, with the most applications received in Boston University’s history.
An Overview Of Boston University
Boston University was founded in 1839 as the Newbury Biblical Institute in Newbury, Vermont, and was incorporated as “Boston University” by the Massachusetts Legislature in 1869. Both in 1939 and 1969, the institution held formal centenary celebrations.
Boston University Acceptance Rate
For those interested in applying to Boston University, there is an early decision application option. BU’s early decision admission percentage for the 2022 applying class was 25%: 6,309 students submitted applications to Boston University, and 1,599 were accepted. Early decision applicants are typically accepted at a higher percentage than regular decision applicants. The following is a summary of BU’s early decision acceptance rate:
- Class of 2023-2022: This set of classes has an acceptance rate of 25% with 6309 applicants and 1599 admittees
- Class of 2022-2021: Has an acceptance rate of 33% with 5659 applicants and 1877 admittees.
The usual decision-making procedure at Boston University is quite selective. Boston University’s ordinary decision admission acceptance percentage for the class of 2021 was around 14.4% because it received approximately 80,796 applications and accepted approximately 11,607 of them. Since at least the 2019-20 applying class, BU’s candidate pool has grown year after year. Boston University’s admissions rate continues to fall year after year, implying that it has become more selective. The following is a summary of BU’s Regular Decision Acceptance Rate:
- Class of 2023-2022 has an acceptance rate of 14.4% with a record of 80796 applicants and 11607 admittees.
- The class of 2022-2021 has an acceptance rate of 18.6% with applicants of about 75,778 and admittees of 14,129.
Boston University – SAT And ACT
So far, the average SAT score at Boston University is 1418, and the ACT score is in the 32-34 area. So, if you decide to take the SAT and ACT tests, aim for a SAT score of at least 1339 and a CAT score of at least 32 to increase your competitiveness as an applicant.
Boston University Requirements and Rating
- In order To be admitted to Boston University, prospective students must have a GPA of 3.8 or 4.0 (equal to 94%) or better.
- Boston University will examine your SAT or ACT scores, class rank, extracurricular activities, and essays when making admissions selections, so they should be presentable.
- A copy of your high school transcript is also necessary.
- Admission documents are required. Because Boston University will not return your documents once your application has been filed, it is recommended that all applicants send copies of their documentation rather than the originals.
- College Prep Courses are also required.
- Additional resources All applicants must send their extra materials (DVDs, pictures, articles, formats, etc.) for programs that require an audition or portfolio.
- If an international applicant requests financial aid during the application process, they should be informed that this will have an impact on the Boston University admissions decision.
Application Tips for Boston University
- Before you begin your application, make sure to read through all of the requirements on the page!
- Visit https://www.bu.edu/admissions/apply/ for further enquiry and Application
More Related Content
- Boston University Acceptance Rate 2023 | Boston University
- Universities in Boston Area – What Is the Cheapest University in Boston?
- Public Universities in Boston – What Is the Cheapest Public University in Boston?
- Boston University Scholarship 2022 in USA – Undergraduates, Master’s & Doctoral degree Program
- Boston University Acceptance Rate – Boston University Admissions