Interested in Georgia EBT Card Guide? What is an EBT card? An EBT card (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card, is a card that looks similar to a normal debit card, it also works the same way as the debit card, but unlike the debit card, it is been loaded with food stamps benefits or in some cases cash benefits. Once you are approved for food stamps benefit in Georgia, you will then be issued an EBT card, which you can use to buy food in grocery stores, selected farmers’ markets, and some other retail stores that accept payment with the EBT card. The EBT card is used to access your food stamps benefit account, once you purchase the food or food items needed, at the POS terminal you will pay your bills with the use of the card, as the items you bought will be deducted from the card by the cashier.
Read Also >>> Google Pay on the App Store: Send and Receive Money Anywhere Using Google Pay
Georgia EBT Card Guide
The food stamp benefits are what give rise to the EBT Card. The food stamp benefit also known as SNAP (supplemental nutrition assistance program), is a program funded by the federal government and administered by the state. This program renders assistance to low-income families to be able to buy food needed for a balanced diet and healthy living, as they cannot afford the cost of food. The program was initiated to help reduce and if possible eradicate hunger in Georgia. Once a household passes the eligibility test, the EBT card will be given and loaded once every month till the certification period reaches (the period the benefit is expected to last), usually 6 or 12 months depending on your own household. The food stamp benefit is usually for those households with low income, persons of 60 years and above, and disabled people.
How to Apply For an EBT Card (Food Stamp Benefit)
Interested a wondering how to apply? Well below are the different ways with which you can apply, all you need do is to choose the one that best suits you;
- You can apply for the food stamp benefit online via this link; https://gateway.ga.gov/access/. This is actually the easiest method of applying for food stamp benefits.
- You can also apply in person if that’s what suits you best, all you need do is to call the local office in Georgia or their hotline. To get the numbers to call or get more on this method you can simply visit this link; https://dfcs.georgia.gov/locations.
It is important to note that, once you apply for the food stamps benefit, you will be issued an EBT card, while awaiting the response on your application. The response will be conveyed to you within a period of 30 days. In case your request is declined, you can always reapply.
Check Out >>> Apple Pay – One of the Best Ways to Make Payments Online
How to Check Your EBT Card Balance
A lot of people find it difficult to check the balance of their EBT card, below are listed procedures on how to check the balance of your EBT card;
- The best and easiest way is to check the last receipt you were given, as it is written at the bottom of the receipt. In case you misplace the receipt worry not as there are other methods you can use.
- You can also check online through the website of ConnectEBT. This is the link you can use; https://foodstampsebt.com/connectebt-balance/. Once you are on the site follow the instructions given to you.
- Or, you can check via your phone, you do this by placing a call to the EBT Customer Service hotline, they are always available.
The food stamp benefit can only be used to purchase food items, any non-food items are not welcomed. For more information on the EBT card and food stamp benefits kindly visit the link below; https://foodstampsebt.com/georgia-ebt-card/.
Recommended >>> How to Apply for Pandemic EBT Program (P-EBT): A Guide Through the P-EBT Application Process