So you forgot your Facebook password and you don’t know how to reset it? Most users feel because they lost or forgot their password, it’s no longer possible to access the account again. Well, I am writing this article to tell and show you that you can actually reset the forgotten password easily. You can reset the password if the number or email you used for it is still active or functional. Now, let’s not waste much time and dive into how you can actually reset your forgotten Facebook password.
Forgotten Facebook Password
It’s a normal time to forget your password because we are humans and are brain is working every day. Aside from the resetting password, if you feel your account has been tampered with, you can simply change the password of the account. This is can be done using the mobile application or the website.
Facebook Website Address
Facebook website is was the first means in which users can access the platform and then the app was launched afterward. The website or URL does the same functions as the app. Of you can create a new account, upload your status, send and receive friend requests, play games, use the Facebook marketplace on the site too. The website interface is quite friendly and as simple as a mobile application.
Facebook app is the version that is designed for smartphone users. Just like the site, you can play games, share your photos, videos, upload status, use the buy and sell option via the groups or marketplace, etc. The mobile app has a friendly interface and it is compatible with any smart device type including iOS and Android. With the app, you can get push notifications about a comment, like, share, or request sent or accepted. Also, you can navigate through the platform faster and easier. In other to use the app, it must be installed on your device.
Facebook App Download
The app is free and simple to download. Also, you can get on Apple App Store or Google Play Store. In other words, the device you are using doesn’t matter. Now, follow below download the app;
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and type out Facebook on the search to locate it faster.
- From the result, select the first one on the list to load its download page.
- Then select Install.
Now the app has been installed in your device, you can log in to your account to change your password or reset if you’ve forgotten your password.
How to Change My Facebook Password
Changing your password is fast and simple. It can be done using the website if you do not have a mobile app. Below I will be showing you how to change your password using the mobile app and computer (site);
On your Computer;
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right.
- Select “Settings”> “Settings & Privacy”.
- Click on the “Security and Login” option.
- Click edit next to “Change Password”.
- Type in the current password and provide the new one. Then click on Save Changes.
- Tap on the Menu icon.
- Scroll down to Settings & Privacy, then tap on Settings.
- Tap on Security and Login, and then scroll down and tap on “Change Password”.
- On the next page, type in the old password and provide the new one.
- Then tap on “Save Changes”.
Now the password has been changed.
Reset Password On Facebook
If you forgot your password and wish to reset, follow the steps below;
- Hit on “Forgot Password” at the bottom of the login page or screen.
- Type in your email, phone number, full name, or the username that’s associated with the account, and tap on “Search”.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
If the instructions are followed carefully and correctly, the password would reset and you can start log using the new password.