Is it possible to change or reset one’s Facebook password, a reader once wrote me? Well, I am going to be very blunt and straight forward with you on this one. Changing one Facebook password or resetting it is very possible. All you need is one or two things in place, things I bet you already have and that’s it. Well to further burst your bubble, there are some Facebook users who on a regular change their passwords on the platform because they know how to. It’s that simple. However, if you do not know how to change your Facebook password successfully anytime you want, then you just run into luck. In the remaining course of this article, change password Facebook, you are going to be learning how you can successfully change your Fb password, how to reset your password, and why you should always change your Fb password.
Change Password Facebook
It has been ascertained that changing one’s password on a regular is very necessary. It is in fact an important aspect of every business done online. Your computer or internet-enabled device stores, processes and provides data to a lot of sensitive and important data. Therefore keeping all your account information safe is a priority. One security tip you will often be provided with is always change your password regularly.
Do you know that 80% of cybersecurity attacks all emanate from a weak or stolen password? Yes, this is true. Therefore changing your password regularly reduces the risk of your exposure and also avoids a number of dangers your accounts may be facing. When you change your account password regularly such as your Facebook account, you get to achieve the following;
- Limit beach to your Facebook account.
- Prevent content access by unauthorized users.
- Also prevents the use of saved passwords.
- Limit access gained by keystroke loggers and so many more.
These are just some of the benefits you get to gain when your change your Facebook passwords regularly. In general, changing your password is the smartest security move to safeguard your account.
How To Change Your Facebook Password
As long as you have a Facebook account or you are a registered Facebook account holder, then you are eligible to change your password on the platform anytime you want. To change your password on Facebook;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right corner.
- Click on settings and privacy and select settings.
- Select security and login.
- Next to change password, click on the edit tab.
- Enter your current password and then enter a new password.
- Lastly, click save changes.
- Open the Facebook app on your android device.
- Login to your account if you aren’t logged in.
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner of the Facebook app page.
- Tap Settings and privacy by scrolling down.
- Select or tap settings.
- Tap Security and login and then change password.
- Enter your current Facebook password and a new password. Retype your new password and tap save changes.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Login to your account if you are not logged in.
- Tap the menu icon in the bottom right of Facebook.
- Tap Security and login.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- On the settings page, tap security and login.
- Scroll down and tap change password.
- Enter your current password and a new password.
- Retype your new password and tap save changes.
If on the other hand you are logged in to your Facebook account during the process and you have forgotten your password, all you need to do is to follow the step under the change your password section and tap forgot your password. To then reset your password, follow the steps from thereon. Also, know that the email address and the phone number associated with the account you are about to reset its password is still active and accessible.