Young leaders in Africa with a passion for making a positive impact in the world are invited to apply for the FAO Regional Volunteer Program 2024. If you’re one of such leaders, then this Regional Volunteer Program might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
The FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization), is a specialized agency of the United Nations dedicated to eradicating hunger and promoting food security worldwide. In this article, we’ll delve into the details of this exciting volunteer program, the requirements for qualification, and how to apply.
FAO Regional Volunteer Program – Overview
The FAO Regional Volunteer Program is a unique initiative that invites individuals to contribute their volunteer efforts to support the FAO’s mission and work.
This Regional Volunteer Program aligns with the FAO’s Strategic Objectives and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, making it a valuable platform for young leaders who want to create a positive impact on the world.
Let’s discuss briefly the organization behind this program before we explore further into the volunteer program’s specifics.
About Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO)
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a global leader in the fight against hunger. FAO has over 194 member states and operations in over 130 countries.
The Organization is committed to ensuring that everyone has access to high-quality food for a healthy, active life. Their mission extends to improving agricultural productivity, enhancing the lives of rural communities, and contributing to global economic growth.
Eligibility Criteria for FAO Regional Volunteer Program
To be eligible for the FAO Regional Volunteer Program, you need to meet certain requirements, so take note of them:
- Already have completed your secondary school education, which is the minimum educational requirement to participate in the program
- You should have a working knowledge of at least one of the FAO’s official languages, which include Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, or Spanish.
- Proficiency in a second official language is an asset.
- Certification from UN-accredited external providers or FAO language official examinations will serve as proof of your language skills.
- You must be a national of an FAO Member Nation.
- Age: 18 years and above.
- As a volunteer, you should be able to adapt to a multicultural environment, possess excellent communication skills, and be proficient in using basic computer programs.
- Individuals with family members employed by FAO under any contractual arrangement are ineligible for the Volunteer Program.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country where they will be assigned.
FAO Core Competencies
The FAO looks for specific core competencies in its volunteers, these include:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Having relevant academic experience in one of the fields related to the organization is a valuable asset.
How to Apply for FAO Regional Volunteer Program 2024?
Check to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria before applying for this Program. If you meet the requirements, follow the guide below to apply:
- Visit the FAO recruitment website at https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2302904&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FLagos
- Click on the Apply Online button to proceed
- Complete your online profile. Please ensure your application is thorough, as incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Attach a letter of motivation to your online profile. This letter is your opportunity to express why you’re passionate about volunteering with the FAO and how you can contribute to their goals.
December 31, 2023.
Who can apply for the FAO Regional Volunteer Program?
Individuals aged 18 or older from FAO Member Nations who meet the program’s requirements are eligible to apply.
What are the FAO’s main objectives?
The FAO’s primary goals include defeating hunger, improving nutrition, increasing agricultural productivity, and enhancing the lives of rural communities.
Can I apply if I don’t speak one of the FAO’s official languages?
Proficiency in at least one official language is required, but knowledge of a second official language is considered an asset.
Are family members of FAO employees eligible to apply?
No, individuals with family members employed by FAO are not eligible for the Volunteer Program.
More Related Content
- FAO Internship Programme for Africa 2022/2023 – How to Apply
- FAO Internship Programme 2023 (Fully Funded Internship) – APPLY NOW!
- Apply For Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2022 Internship
- Full-time Security Officer Job In the USA with Visa Sponsorship
- UN Volunteers 2022 Application – United Nations Global Opportunity