The Chilean Agency for International Cooperation and Development (AGCID) is extending an invitation to professionals from South Africa, Mozambique, and Angola to participate in their AGCID Human Capital Training Programme 2024.
This exceptional opportunity aims to support talented individuals in their pursuit of excellence through Master’s studies at Chilean higher education institutions in 2024.
What is AGCID?
AGCID is the acronym for the Chilean International Cooperation Agency for Development. The agency was established in 1990, it serves as the primary institution for international cooperation, capable of entering into international agreements, receiving grants, and executing projects for national and international development.
AGCID possesses the expertise and experience to identify and design projects that address climate change issues. Currently, it holds the esteemed position of National Implementing Entity (NIE) for the Adaptation Fund and collaborates with various multilateral organizations.
AGCID Human Capital Training Scholarship Summary
- Sponsored by: AGCID
- Host Institution: Chilean higher education institutions
- Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters Students
- Eligible Nationality: South Africa, Mozambique, and Angola
To be considered for the AGCID Human Capital Training Scholarship in 2024, international students must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be professionals who are citizens of South Africa, Mozambique, or Angola. Preference is given to those working in the public or academic sector in their home country.
- Applicants should have prior experience in the subjects they intend to pursue for their Master’s studies.
- Possesses an unconditional acceptance offer at a Chilean higher education institution.
- Possession of a 4-year university degree is mandatory
- Also, Proficiency in the Spanish language is required
How to Apply for AGCID Human Capital Training Scholarship 2024?
Do you meet the specified requirements for the AGCID Human Capital Training Scholarship 2024? Apply for the scholarship by submitting the AGCID Grant application electronically to the email address stated on the official website below
The application should include the following annex documents:
- Letter of acceptance from the selected study program.
- A medical certificate (both physical and mental).
- Original certificate of Professional Title or an authorized copy by a public notary.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae highlighting work and academic background.
- A motivational letter explaining the reasons driving the applicant to study in Chile.
- A brief description of potential thesis areas and topics.
- An academic reference letter.
- A letter of sponsorship from the employing institution (if applicable).
- An affidavit accepting the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- For further details, please visit the Official Website at https://www.agci.cl/index.php/becas/becas-para-extranjeros/105-encuentra-tu-beca/1694-infobecaextr-4/?tipo=2&idNew=313
The deadline for submitting your application is November 10, 2023. You’re advised to submit your application by the last date.
Is the AGCID Human Capital Training Scholarship Program limited to specific fields of study?
No, the scholarship program covers a wide range of fields of study, allowing applicants to pursue Master’s degrees in their chosen disciplines.
Can I apply if I’m not a citizen of South Africa, Mozambique, or Angola?
Unfortunately, this scholarship is exclusively for citizens of South Africa, Mozambique, and Angola.
What are the selection criteria for the AGCID Human Capital Training Scholarship?
Selection is based on various factors, including academic qualifications, work experience, and the relevance of the chosen field of study.
Is there an age limit for applicants?
AGCID does not specify an age limit, so individuals of all ages are encouraged to apply.