Here lies another opportunity for international students from Africa. The FAO Internship Programme for Africa 2022/2023 is open for application. This program is held to attract the best talented young women and men from Africa who are motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experience.
FAO Internship Programme for Africa 2022/2023
The FAO program was created to provide a learning opportunity for young Africans to supplement their academic knowledge with practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. All the interns will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategic framework of the FAO and the UN sustainable development goals.
The Summary below contains very relevant information about this internship;
Hosting Organisation(s): Food and Agriculture Organization
Type of Program: Internship
Location of the Program: Africa
Duration of the program: 3-11 months
Slots Available for the Program: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
Nationality: FAO member nations
Eligibility Criteria for the FAO Internship Program
To be eligible for the internship program of the FAO, you must meet the following requirements;
- At the time of application for this internship, candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a “bona fide” educational institution. Recent graduates can also be accepted into the program.
Note that the FAO only accepts higher education credentials from institutions that are authorized or recognized by the World Higher Education Database (WHED).
- Candidates must have an area of specialty that is related to the FAO’s work and mission.
- You must have proficiency in at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). It will be advantageous to know a second FAO language.
- You must be a citizen of an FAO country to apply.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 30.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively and be able to adapt to a diverse, global workplace.
- Candidates are ineligible for the internship program if they have immediate family members (brother, sister, mother, or father) working with FAO under any sort of contractual relationship.
Also Read: Best Law Schools in the World 2022
More Information About the FAO Internship Programme for Africa 2022/2023
- This program is open for application for qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations and candidates from small island developing states, least developed countries, and land-locked developing countries.
- After the application process, all applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted for the second time if they are selected.
- If you have already undertaken an internship at the Food and agriculture organization, you will not be eligible for another internship.
- If you qualify for this internship, you will be paid a monthly stipend if your University does not sponsor you.
How to Apply for the FAO Internship Programme for Africa 2022/2023
To apply for this internship, complete your online profile at the website, jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en.
Make sure your profile is accurate and complete. You have to ensure that it includes all your academic qualifications, employment records, and language proficiency scores.
All Applicants will be required to attach a letter of motivation, evidence of attendance in a recognized University, or a copy of their academic qualifications.
The deadline to apply for the FAO internship program is the 1st of January, 2023.
To get more information about this program, visit the official website of the program;
About the FAO
The UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) works to guarantee global food security and everyone’s access to nutritious food.
To achieve this, FAO aims to: encourage the sustainable development of agriculture, fisheries, and forestry; encourage an improvement in the quality of life for rural populations, which are still affected by poverty; encourage effective agricultural systems; and support the rural producers’ resilience to crises and disasters.
In addition to its headquarters in Rome (Italy), the FAO operates in more than 130 nations.
Themes Addressed By the FAO
The major focus of the Food and agricultural organization are;
- Climate Change
- Sustainable Food
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Social Development
Also Read: Easy Steps to Studying Abroad in 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Fields of Study Required for The FAO Internship?
To gain entrance into the FAO internship, you must have studied within the following fields;
- Forestry and Animal Science
- Management and Finance
- International Affairs
- Society Studies
What Are the Tasks Performed by The Interns?
The tasks carried out by interns change depending on the requirements and demands of the various departments to which interns are assigned. However, these are the primary responsibilities of these interns;
- Conduct research that is relating to the agency’s activities,
- writes and reviews reports, papers, and publications,
- offer administrative and operational support,
- assist with conference and event planning.
- Participate in training sessions with other employees.
What Is the Duration of The FAO Internship?
The FAO Internship Programme for Africa 2022/2023 usually takes between 3 to 6 months.
What Is the Weekly Workload?
The FAO internship program is a full-time program. In this program, interns will have only between 35 to 40 hours per week to work.
Where Are the Locations of The FAO Internship?
There are positions available at the FAO Headquarters in Rome (Italy), but there may also be openings at the organization’s numerous Regional and Offices across the globe.
Ghana (Africa), Thailand (Asia and the Pacific), Hungary (Europe and Central Asia), Chile (Latin America and the Caribbean), Egypt (Near East), Belgium, Portugal, Madrid, and Geneva are among the regional and European offices.