Want to apply for the Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 for Studies in the USA? If yes, you are in the right place. You will get all the information you need about the application process in this article.
Also Read: 5 Types of Law Degrees – Law Degree Types
Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 for Studies in the USA
The Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 for Studies in the USA is an academic program that enriches high school students from all over the world. It accepts students from over 150 countries every summer to participate in one interdisciplinary two weeks session at Yale University’s historic campus.
Summer Offerings of the Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 for Studies in the USA
The table below shows the details of the curriculum of this program;
Session I Residential
(June 18-June 30)
- Innovations in Science & Technology (IST I)
- Literature, Philosophy, & Culture (LPC I)
- Politics Law & Economics (PLE I)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC I)
Session II Residential
(July 2 – July 14)
- Innovations in Science & Technology (IST II)
- Literature, Philosophy, & Culture (LPC II)
- Politics Law & Economics (PLE II)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC II)
Session III Residential
(July 16-July 28)
- Innovations in Science & Technology (IST III)
- Literature, Philosophy, & Culture (LPC III)
- Politics Law & Economics (PLE III)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC III)
Summary of the Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 for Studies in the USA
Below is some useful information about the Yale Young Global Scholars program of 2023.
Hosting Organization: Yale University
Program Type: Yale Young Global Scholars program
Location: The United States of America
Program Duration: 2 weeks
Available Slot: Many
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Nationality: All Nationalities
Also Read: Part-Time Jobs Salary Expectations
Eligibility Criteria for the Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 Program
To be eligible for the Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 program, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 16 years old on or before July 16, 2023.
- Have the ability to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- You must be a current high school sophomore or junior (or the international equivalent of this).
- All applicants must be first-time participants in YYGS.
- You must be graduating within the period of May/June 2024 or 2024 from the Northern Hemisphere or Nov/Dec 2023 from the Southern Hemisphere.
Also note that if you have previously applied to the YYGS but were not offered admission or you were unable to attend even if you met all the eligibility criteria, you can reapply for this program.
YYGS accepts applications from all countries and also offers the opportunity for students to apply for need-based financial aid to students from all the countries in the world.
These are the various criteria you must meet to get this award.
Requirements for Application
To be accepted for this program, applicants must submit the following;
- Your Activities List
- An essay of 400 words and one 200-word response
- You must have two fast-take responses of about 280 characters each
- Your official school receipts
- A recommendation
- Your application fees
- Your English language (optional)
How to Apply for the Yale Young Global Scholarship
There are a few easy steps for the application process for this program. The steps are given below;
- Firstly, visit the Scholarship website at globalscholars.yale.edu/eligibility and review the YYGS eligibility criteria.
- After that, review the required components for the admission process at yale.edu/required-components
- After that, you will be required to review a PDF sample of a blank application, and start your preparation to answer as many questions as possible, you can do it from this link at globalscholars.yale.edu/preview-application
- When you have done that, you will have to submit the contact detail of a parent/guardian, teacher, or an official at your school.
- After you have done that, go to the application page, and click “apply now” from this link at apply.globalscholars.yale.edu/apply/?sr=9268fe7c-c65a-47af-85ba-f64f38b3b7d9
- Now, check the review page of the application to see if you are missing any required documents or components, and revisit all the pages that require further information.
- Once you are done with the reviewing process, click the next or the submit button at the bottom of the page
- You can now pay the required $60 early action fee or the regular $75 fee. All fees are non-refundable.
If you have submitted a completed fee waiver request, you can check your application status portal to see when it has been approved or denied. Your application will not be reviewed unless your fee has been paid.
- The next step is to check for your confirmation receipt. Check your inbox for a YYGS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application. Expect these emails within 24 -48 hours of submission, due to occasional delays in payment processing.
Application Deadline for the Yale Young Global Scholarship
The Application deadline for this program is in two different phases;
The deadline for this phase is on the 2nd of November, 2022. If you apply on this date, you will be allowed to pay an application fee of USD 60
The deadline for this phase is January 10th, 2023. If you apply during this period, your fee will be $75USD.
The official website to apply for this program is;
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Yale Young Global Scholars Competitive?
Yes, it is. The program is highly competitive and it provides participants with an unforgettable summer experience. To give students room to flourish in a new learning environment and to explore new academic interests, YYGS requires no course credit, nor do students receive any quantitative evaluation during or after the program.
How Many YYGS Students Get into Yale?
The acceptance rate for this program is not published, but by comparing the number of applicants to attendees, we can say that the YYGS acceptance rate is at least 34%.
What Is the Difference Between YYGS And YYAS?
Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) is similar to YYGS and is designed for secondary students on the African continent.
What Is the Benefit Of YYGS?
This program provides the best knowledge in its category for its attendees despite their financial needs, and each summer the program spreads over 3 million USD in need-based financial aid that covers up to 100% of tuition costs.
Can You Do YYGS Twice?
Students may attend only one session per summer, but they can rank their preferences for up to all four sessions on the online application of YYGS.
- How to Connect Google Home to Wi-Fi
- 6 Amazing Reasons why you must Invest in Yourself
- Celebrating Africa’s Finest GTCO: Join one of the Biggest Fashion Events in Africa
- MLSStratus Login at v3.mlsstratus.com
- African Legal Impact Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- IBM PhD Fellowship Awards 2023 – Apply Now!
- Get Ready for Egypt Petroleum Show