Full-time security officer job in the USA with visa sponsorship – Those in security positions are in charge of carrying out security and clerical tasks on schedule.
Nevertheless, their primary role is to ensure a safe, secure, and friendly environment by enforcing security policies and being responsible for safeguarding the resident.
Full-time security officer job in the USA with visa sponsorship
Full-time security officers are responsible for the protection and security of personnel, customers, visitors, and assets.
This article contains all the specific responsibilities, duties, benefits, requirements, and many more. If you are interested in this visa sponsorship shop in the USA, you are in the right place. Read on to explore.
Who is a Full Time Security Officer?
By upholding security regulations, a full-time security officer significantly contributes to maintaining a welcoming, secure, and safe atmosphere. They are in charge of maintaining the safety and security of the workforce, customers, guests, and assets.
Additionally, this work is necessary to identify risks and maintain security procedures to lower risks. They also respond to occurrences and minimize exposure or liability in all spheres: financial, physical, and personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities of Full-Time Security Officer
Below are the duties of a full-time security officer job in the USA:
- Responsible for the safety, security, and protection of staff, clients, visitors, and assets
- Responsible for preventing theft and keeping the area secure.
- They keep an eye on and approve the entrance and exit of staff, visitors, and other people.
- Welcome guests in person and offer assistance or direct them to the relevant company representative.
- Use a radio with numerous channels and frequencies.
- All suspicious activities or policy infractions should be observed and reported.
- Manage the access control requirements effectively to provide the highest level of security.
- They deter crime by offering a general security presence
- They assist with social assignments during periods of emergency.
- They provide transportation service with company vehicles as needed.
Required Skills and Competencies of a Full-Time Security Officer
Below are the skills and competencies required of a full-time security officer:
- Capacity to interact with others and keep a positive rapport
- The capacity for near vision, peripheral vision, and focus adjustment.
- Capability to work in harsh conditions both inside and outside
- The capacity to compute basic numbers.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and elementary first aid (training available).
- Maintain a tidy, businesslike appearance.
- Possess the capacity for flexible work hours.
- They preserve discretion.
- Ensure actions and behaviors are consistent with words.
- Demonstrate initiative by touring facilities as time permits.
- Assist others with or without receiving prior direction to do so.
- Operate security safely and respectfully manner at all times.
- Be alert/focused at all times, and be safety conscious.
- Submit reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, accidents, etc.
Physical Requirements as Full-Time Security Officer
There are some requirements you need to have physically before you can be employed. Without the complete physical fit below, you can be discarded:
- Ability to walk, lift, bend at knees and waist, stoop kneel, reach, climb step stool, and stand in place for extended periods
- Ability to, lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push or pull up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use close vision, and peripheral vision, and adjust focus.
Requirements On Education & Experience of Full-Time Security Offers
Here are the requirements needed of you to work as a full-time security officer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of facility experience
- Willingness to work any shift or as needed (irregular hours)
- Have a driver’s license
Benefits of Full Time Security Officer
As a full-time security officer, there are lots of benefits to enjoy, below are some of them:
- Enjoy free career training and educational opportunities
- You will have time for the holiday, vacation, and sick leave
- Variety of work tasks and employments settings
- Flexible working hours
- Positive career outlook
- Extensive career advancement opportunities
- Active physically engaging
- A salary above the industry average
What Does a Security Officer Do?
- Security officers work on behalf of clients to protect their assets.
- They protect goods as they transport them from one place to another.
- They prevent losses and damage by taking proactive security measures, etc.
Salary of Full-Time Security Officer in USA With Visa Sponsorship
Lots of people are currently applying for full-time security officers because of the high pay rate. In the USA, the annual wage for a security guard ranges from $21, 150 to $50, 310. In addition, the median annual wage in the United States is $29,680.
Website to Get Full-Time Security Office Job in the USA
There are different online websites to apply for full-time security jobs in the USA, below are some sites to consider:
- Indeed.com Worldwide
- CEO worldwide
- Expat network
- Teach away
How To Apply for Full-Time Security Officer Job with Visa Sponsorship
To apply for a full-time security officer job with visa sponsorship, you will need to write an application letter. Below are steps to follow
- Get your document read (CV, covered letter, resume).
- Bring out your smartphone or laptop
- Make sure you are connected to the strong internet network
- Navigate to any of the job websites (indeed.com or LinkedIn.com)
- Once any of the pages open, locate the search bar.
- Type in the job you are applying for.
- To complete your application, follow the online process.
Type of Security Officer Jobs
Different security officer jobs pay very well. These jobs are similar but offer different duties and common tasks, below are the types of security officer jobs so far:
Security control room officer
The security control room officer job market in the USA is very active, with many companies hiring. These officers are responsible for providing customer support services, carrying out alarm management, CCTV monitoring, and technical administration.
The bodyguard is the officer that offers personal protection to a client, by keeping them safe from physical threats like assault, theft, kidnapping, or assassination. Additionally, they also protect the client’s belongings and privacy at the client’s request.
Facility Security Officer
A Facility security officer works with a team to maintain a secure environment at the facilities of a government organization or private company.
Security Control Center Operator Jobs
Your duties as security control center operator are to protect Facilities and monitor security systems, such as CCTV setups.
Other Types of Security Offer Jobs
There are many more security officer jobs in the USA aside from the one listed above. Below are other to consider:
- Custom protection officer
- Campus security officer
- Hospital security officer
- Event security officer
- Security vehicle petrol officer commissioned security officer etc.
Interview Question for Full-Time Security Officer Job with Visa Sponsorship
Once your application letter and request are accepted, you will be invited for an interview. So, you will be asked some easy questions but in a technical way. However, make sure you research the company you want to work for and prepare a short story about when you displayed great qualities for the job.
To make it easy for here, below are some of the interview questions for security officer jobs in the USA:
- Why did you decide to work as a security guard?
- Have You Ever Held a Security Guard Position?
- Please describe the day-to-day responsibilities you had for your workplace as a security officer.
- How Can Potential Security Breaches or Threats Be Spotted?
- What Are Your Procedures for Potentially Dangerous Situations?
- Are You Familiar with Surveillance Equipment?
Where to Work as Full-Time Security Officer in the USA
There are different places to work full-time security and you can be highly paid. Below places you can work:
- private sector.
- Businesses employ security guards
- Office buildings
- And stores
Type Of Visa Required for Full-Time Security Officer in the USA
Before you may work as a security guard in the USA, you must apply for a visa. The U.S. government has granted you this visa so that you can travel to the country and work there for the business that hired you. Your employer is sponsoring the visa application. On behalf of the applicant, he pays the visa fees and submits all the necessary paperwork. The H-2B visa is one illustration of one such visa.
The H-2b visa is a type of visa that allows US employers to bring foreign workers to the US to work in non-agricultural jobs.H-2b visas are designed for specific industries that require additional temporary workers.
Requirements For H-2B Visa
Below are documented to make use of:
- A job offers from a company in the United States
- A valid passport
- Visa application fee
- Copy of approval from the USCIS
- Online DS-160 form and the receipt
What is a security sponsorship?
Sponsor Securities means any Sponsor Global Securities or any temporary Securities or Physical Securities issued in exchange for beneficial interests in a Sponsor Global Security.
Are you eligible to work in the US without sponsorship *?
To move to and work in the United States if you are currently residing outside of the country, you will either require sponsorship for a visa or a green card. You can get a work permit if you already reside in the country and are working on getting your permanent residency status.
Is it possible to get visa sponsorship in the USA?
Ideally, you can only apply for a Visa sponsorship if a US employer has made you a functioning job offer. To put it another way, your employer would sponsor the Visa and file the necessary paperwork on your behalf. However, they can only make the sponsorship in specific circumstances.
Do US companies hire foreign workers?
Yes, but each employer must file a separate Form I-129 petition and, where applicable, the appropriate Labor Certification.
Can a Security Guard Arrest You?
If a security guard on duty catches someone involved in any criminal activity, he has the right to arrest the suspect while he waits for the police officer to come and take the suspect into custody.