Applications are ongoing for the FAO internship program 2023. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), has announced the call for Applications from suitably qualified candidates of the FAO Member States including Afghanistan. So, if you’re passionate about international development, agriculture, and food security? The FAO Internship Programme offers an incredible opportunity to gain practical experience and contribute to global efforts in these areas.
In this article, we will explore the FAO Internship Programme, its eligibility criteria, application process, benefits, and other necessary information you need to know. Whether you are a recent graduate or a student looking for hands-on experience, this article will provide you with valuable insights into the FAO Internship Programme.
FAO Internship Programme
The FAO Internship Programme aims to provide young professionals and students with the opportunity to work alongside experts and contribute to FAO’s efforts in achieving food security, promoting sustainable agriculture, and eradicating hunger.
The program offers a unique learning experience, allowing interns to develop their skills, knowledge, and understanding of global agricultural and food-related issues. The internship is open to students and those in undergraduate or Graduate degree programs, however, they must be Change-driven, dedicated, and hardworking to participate in this paid FAO Internship.
Summary FAO Internship Programme
- Country: United Nations
- Eligible Gender: Male and Female
- Language Requirement: Not required
- Level: Non-Degree /Short Program
- Eligible Countries: FAO Members’ nationalities. (Afghanistan is included)
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Duration: 3 – 11 months.
- Candidates should be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in an accredited institution
- Candidates who are Nationals of FAO member nations are encouraged to apply for the internship.
- All applicants must be fluent in one of the following official languages of the FAO: English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, or Chinese. Those who are fluent in two FAO languages will have an advantage
- Age: 21 to 30.
- Proficiency in communication and fundamental computer programs is required
- Applicants must have obtained residency or immigration status in one of the FAO member nations Before beginning an internship program
- Candidates whose family members (mother, father, brothers, or sisters) work for the Food Authority Organization (FAO) under a contractual arrangement, are not eligible to apply for this internship
How to Apply for FAO Internship Programme 2023?
Are you interested? Kindly check the requirements to be sure of your eligibility. To apply, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official page of FAO by clicking this Link: jobs.fao.org/careersection/iam/accessmanagement/login.
- Once you access the home page, locate the Apply Now button to proceed on completing the online application form
- Ensure that you give maximum attention to the application fields in other to fill in approximately
- Once that is done, proceed to submit your applications for the calls for expressions of interest.
- You will need to provide a motivational letter showing your reason for joining the program.
- The letter must contain if your institute and FAO have reached an internship agreement.
- Don’t forget additional supporting documents in the application form if required and the application form must be filled completely before submission
- Once submissions have been made, shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the hiring office in charge for an interview.
Benefits of the FAO internship
Participating in the FAO Internship Programme offers numerous benefits. These benefits are stated below:
- Payment of monthly stipend to intern worth around $700.
- Interns will receive medical protection relating to the rendered services
- The internship is an opportunity to interact with people who have diverse viewpoints
- Also a platform to Listen to new ideas on how to address global challenges that are currently connected to food.
- The internship will provide intern with the chance to launch various development-related projects in their local community and learn more about it.
- Participating in this internship will help Participants to appreciate various cultural diversity in their neighborhood
The selection process for the FAO Internship Programme is competitive.
- The core areas of the program is Knowledge of the FAO’s official languages
- The applicant’s commitment to reaching targeted professional objectives.
- Completed application Form
- Proof of enrolment in an undergraduate or graduate program or a recent diploma.
- Evidence of language competency.
- Motivational letter.
Can International Students Apply For the FAO Internship Programme?
Yes, the FAO Internship Programme is open to candidates from all nationalities.
Are there opportunities for career advancement within FAO after completing the internship?
While there is no guarantee of employment after the internship, former FAO interns have often found career opportunities within FAO or other international organizations.
Check These Out
- Microsoft Account Management Internship 2023 for Young South Africans – Apply Now
- Amazon Internship in Canada 2023 for Undergraduate and Graduate Students – How to Apply
- FAO Internship Programme for Africa 2022/2023 – How to Apply
- Apply For Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nation Internship
- Apple Internship 2022/2023 – Fully Funded Internship For Students