DAAD Leadership for Africa (LfA), is a Programme created to support the educational/academic advancement of young refugees and national scholars from the following countries in Africa: Chad, DR Congo, Niger, Nigeria, and Togo, to pursue a graduate degree in renowned institutions in Germany.
With the upsurge of conflicts and displacement in various African countries, especially in the above-listed countries, the Leadership for Africa programme is intended to add to the education of future leaders, who will be essential for the further development of the participant’s home countries.
About DAAD Leadership for Africa (LfA) Programme
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), Leadership for Africa, is offering a Master’s scholarship opportunity for young refugees and national scholars from Chad, DR Congo, Niger, Nigeria, and Togo. Participants will enroll in their preferred Master’s degree courses at higher education institutions in Germany.
Successful Candidates can pursue all fields of study except for Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Law, Arts, and Architecture.
Benefits of the DAAD Leadership for Africa Programme 2023
- Successful Candidates will receive a Monthly scholarship rate payment of 934 EURO
- Provision of adequate health, accident, and private/personal liability insurance in Germany
- Travel allowance
- Annual study allowance
- Where necessary, there will be a monthly rent subsidy and monthly allowance for accompanying family members, this includes spouses and/or children.
Application Process for the DAAD Leadership for Africa Programme 2023
- All Applications have to be submitted exclusively via the DAAD portal.
- Visit the official website at: www2.daad.de for more information
- Please note that any Applications submitted through other channels or to other authorities will not be considered.
- The application portal for DAAD Leadership for Africa Programme closes on June 9, 2023.
Eligibility criteria for the DAAD Leadership For Africa Programme 2023
To be eligible for the DAAD Leadership Programme 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants from the following African countries who meet the requirements are eligible to apply: Chad, DR Congo, Niger, Nigeria, or Togo.
- Applicants must have citizenship in either Chad, DR Congo, Niger, Nigeria, or Togo
- Should be resident in either of the following countries; Chad, DR Congo, Niger, Nigeria, or Togo
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree at the time of application
- Candidates having a degree in Medicine can apply for Public Health or Biomedical Master related programmes only. However, Master’s programme in Medicine does not attract funding.
- The Program is open to applicants with a Bachelor’s degree of at least 2nd class upper division
- The first degree obtained must not have exceeded 6 years since obtained.
- Good English or good German language skills is required
The DAAD Leadership Programme 2023 is an excellent opportunity for young refugees and national scholars from Chad, DR Congo, Niger, Nigeria, and Togo to pursue a Master’s degree course at a higher education institution in Germany.
The programme provides financial support and helps to develop future leaders who are committed to the development of their home countries.
More Related Content
- NDDC Foreign Post-graduate Scholarships 2022/2023 Programme – How to Apply
- Project UNICORE 2023 For African Students | University Corridors For Refugees (UNHCR)
- UNICORE Project – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) 2022 For African Students
- DAAD Leadership For Africa Master’s Scholarship 2024/2024 for East Africa – Study In Germany
- DAAD Scholarships 2022 in Germany Fully Funded – How to Apply
- DAAD Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students in Germany
- DAAD Scholarships 2023/2024 For International Students Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!