Applications are now open for the University Corridors for Refugees – Project UNICORE 2023! Prospective Candidates are encouraged to consult courses offered and apply by 19th May 2023, noon, UTC+2. Project UNICORE 5.0 is launched by Italian Universities with the support of University Corridors For Refugees (UNHCR).
Project UNICORE 2023
Through this project UNICORE, opportunities will be created for Refugees living in the following countries to further their higher education in Italy: Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Interested students can apply to a maximum of two universities. Kindly note that Applications to the University of Padua remain open from 3 April to 2 May.
About University Corridors for Refugees – Project UNICORE
In 2019, the UNHCH Project UNICORE Program was created to allow refugee students in Ethiopia to travel to Italy with a regular and safe path in other to further their studies.
Since the inception of the project, it has stood out for its inclusive dimension, thanks to the large network of territorial partners who support students in entering academic life and integrating into the local social fabric.
Benefits of the University Corridors for Refugees – Project UNICORE 2023
- The Project UNICORE Program comes with lots of benefits for students arriving in Italy.
- The benefits enjoyed by student ranges from a monthly scholarship offered by Sapienza
- Students also attend orientation and academic tutoring activities and
- A free local Transport
- Free Accommodation, teaching material and
- Computers, telephones, SIM cards;
- Provision of legal assistance, listening spaces, and pocket money
How to Apply for Project UNICORE 2023?
- Are you Interested and qualified? Kindly click the United Nations Human Rights link below to apply: universitycorridors.unhcr.it
- You can visit the University Corridors For Refugees (UNHCR) Official website found below for more details: universitycorridors.unhcr.it
Eligibility Criteria for the UNHCR University Corridors For Refugees – Project UNICORE 5.0
Candidates should please note that the requirements for applying are clearly stated in the application calls of Participating Italian Universities published on the basis of an agreed format.
However, the application is open exclusively to candidates who meet the following conditions
- Be a current resident of any of these countries: Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Are classified as refugees in the above-listed countries in collaboration with UNHCR
- Candidates who possess a qualification valid for admission to the chosen Second Cycle Degree Programme;
- Applicants with a minimum GPA of 3.0 based on the country of graduation tertiary education grading system
- Students who obtained a degree in 2018 or after, but not later than May 19th, 2023, can apply
- Candidates who fulfill all the specific admission requirements of the Second cycle degree program
- Have not been previously enrolled in a degree program at any of the Partner Universities.
- Applicants must be Proficient in the use of the English language
Documents Required for Application
For the application, students will need to submit the following documentation:
- Am evidence of refugee registration issued by national authorities in collaboration with UNHCR;
- A Certificate of qualification for admission to the chosen degree program
- Exams Transcript with grades;
- A reference letter
- Other relevant and additional documents are required by the specific programs chosen.
May 19, 2023.
More Related Content
- UNICORE Project – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) 2022 For African Students
- The Callisto Protocol Will Build On the Usual Scares of Alien Isolation
- Strategy Consulting: What does a Strategy Consultant do
- Content Marketing Consulting and Social Media Consulting
- Prepaid Program – How to Find the Right Issuing Bank and Processor of Program Managers