The Global Africa Translation Fellowship Programme is inviting Applications for the 4th Cohort of the year 2024. The Fellowship is provided by the African Institute as part of its African Languages and Translation Program.
Global Africa Translation Fellowship 2024
The Fellowship welcomes applications from African students and rewards successful Candidates with grants of $1,000 to $5,000 to complete translations of works from Africa and its diaspora, into English or Arabic.
The Fellowship Recipients are allowed to carry out the task beyond the African Institute as it’s a non-residential fellowship.
Details About Global Africa Translation Fellowship
- Category: Fellowship
- Host Organization: Africa Institute
- Value: $5,000
- Country: Sharjah, UAE
- Gender: Men and Women
- Edition: Fourth Cohort
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2023
About The Africa Institute
The African Institute was founded in 2018 (about 5 years ago), in Sharjah, UAE.
The Africa Institute seeks to broaden the understanding of African and African diaspora studies as a global enterprise.
Benefits of the Global Africa Translation Fellowship 2024
Successfully Selected candidates for the Global Translation Fellowship, will be provided with funds ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
These funds will be granted depending on the quality and breadth of the project.
How to Apply for The Global Africa Translation Fellowship 2024?
- Submit an application with the following documents: a statement, sample, copyright status, and CV, in that order into a single PDF file.
- The file should be named with the applicant’s name in the format below: LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME in pdf.
- The email subject heading should be in the same format
- Africa Institute official website: www.theafricainstitute.org
Applicants must meet the following conditions to be eligible for the African Institute Global Africa Translation Fellowship program
- Applicants across the Global South are encouraged to apply
- The funds issued must be used for the purpose of completing the translations of works from Africa and its diaspora, into English language or Arabic.
- Also, the project may be ongoing or a new project feasible for completion within the timeframe of the grant.
- Submitted Applications are evaluated by The Africa Institute’s faculty and research fellows.
- The selection of Recipients will be based on the quality of the proposal, and the capacity of the applicant to complete the project.
- Funds will be disbursed in two phases: Offered at the start of the project and at the completion of the project.
Documents Required for Application
- Curriculum Vitae of two-page maximum Showing institutional affiliation, educational qualifications, including highest degree received, and key publications/works produced
- An explanation of the translation to be undertaken during the fellowship period (two pages)
- An explanation of the importance of the work, a justification for a re-translation, and proposed dates of completion.
- A five-page maximum of a double-spaced sample of the original text(s) and translation.
June 1, 2023.
More Related Content
- Online Jobs for Students – List of Online Jobs for Students
- Google Translate, How it Works
- Google Translate – How to Download Google Translate App
- Telegram Brings its Biggest Update of the Year
- Harry Potter Books Cover: Harry Potter Books Cover Explained
- The Facebook Fellowship Program 2021 | How to Apply