Google Translate is a free multilingual neural machine translation service developed by Google. The machine translates text and website from one language into another. This Google feature has a website interface, a mobile app for iOS and Android. Also with an application programming interface that helps developers build browser extensions and software applications.
However, it is being used by many. It has numerous users across the globe that rely much on this platform for effective communication.
According to Wikipedia, as of January 2021, supports about 109 languages at different levels and as of April 2016, claimed over 500 million users, with more than 100 billion words translated daily.
This service was established by Google in April 2006 as a statistical machine translation service
It is used by United Nations and European Parliament documents and transcripts to gather linguistic data. When using this service
Google Translate App
The Google Translate app is very useful for easy communication. Its right with you wherever you go as long as your mobile phone is with you. The app support 109 languages and voice input for 45 languages. It’s compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPad Touch, and Android as well. The app accepts voice inputs for 15 languages and allows the translation of phase and word into one or more than 50 languages. Also, Translation can be spoken out loud in 23 different languages.
The app Camera input enabled the functionality and allows users to take photographs of documents, signboards, etc. This Translate recognizes such text from the image using optical character recognition technology and gives the translation. Although not available for all languages.
Google Translate Features
Google Translate App produces approximately across languages of multiple forms of text and media including text, speech, websites. See the features of this app;
- You get to translate text up to 103 languages by typing
- To Translate, copy the text in any app and click on the “Google Translate’ icon to translate (All languages)
- Instant camera translation: Translate text in images instantly by just pointing on your camera (88 languages)
- Photo: take or import photos for higher quality translation (Avalanche for 50 languages)
- You can translate offline without an internet connection (for 59 languages)
- You can draw text characters instead of typing (available in 95 languages)
- Phrasebook: Star and save translated words and phrases for future reference (available in all Languages)
- Conversation: Translate bilingual conversations on the fly (available in 43 languages).
How To Download the App
To download the Google Translate app, you will have to download the app into your device. The app works very well on Android as well as iOS. To download it into your Android you will get to Google Play Store. Use the following steps to download this app to your device:
- Get to google Play Store or click this link
- Using this link will take you to the app platform
- Next, scroll down and click on the “Install” button
- Automatically the app will download into your device
- Then you can install it.
With these steps, you will successfully download and Install Google Translate app into your phone.
Translate App for PC (Computer)
Getting Google Translate on your PC is very easy if you can follow the steps below it will be downloaded into your PC. Use the steps below:
- Turn on the pc you need to install the Google Translate app on
- Connect it to Internet service
- Launch the app store if its macOS or
- From your browser Launch Google Play Store on your computer and search for App on the Search bar
- Enter your search for ‘Google Translate‘ on the search bar and search
- From the search results, click on the Google Translate app
- Next, click on the ‘Download’ button and follow the next instructions.
When you apply the steps available above, you will successfully download and Install Google Translate app into your PC.